Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Somos - Prison On A Hill (Oct 11, 2019) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Apr 23, 2019.

1. The drop into half time on New Blood!!!

2. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

chorus on mediterranean is some straight up stadium rock shit

3. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Not super familiar with this band, but excited to check this out based on the reactions here. Obviously I wish it were under better circumstances but, given Phil’s passing, instantly purchased when I saw this available.

4. matthaber

Im exited to dive into the lyrics as this band has always been good at interweaving their songs with strong political messages

5. TomG

Trusted Supporter

How’s this compare to temple of plenty or first day back? I was not crazy about first day back but loved temple of plenty

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. matthaber

rawness of temple of plenty but with a lot more experimentation in sounds/textures/lots of synths/etc.

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Very different from both, has a 80s vibes - uses a lot of the sonic leanings from FDB, but with the energy of ToP

bradsonemanband and Anthony_ like this.
  8. sawhney[rusted]2

My Way to You is mint

jordalsh and bradsonemanband like this.
  9. this is SO good

bradsonemanband and astereo like this.
  10. sawhney[rusted]2

This is officially one of my favorite 3 run of albums of all time

11. matthaber

Even If I had enough money for the surgery
    id be afraid of the drugs that they give to me

12. temporary hope fuck

nice to know the price to pay is firmly out of reach for us

13. dreamless. magical

meanwhile, here, the lights have gone out.

Anthony_ and bradsonemanband like this.
  14. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I’m halfway through the album as of now and I absolutely love it.

15. Yeah, instant purchase. Gonna get out of the office in a minute for some lunch and listen to this. Fully expecting greatness and to be emotional as fuck. RIP Phil.

16. kkhawk24

Just finished my first listen and this kept getting better and better. Dreamless was a hell of a closer.

17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

This album is fucking good.

18. I was not going to pause to comment on this but I just finished My Way To You and like. What the fuck. I’m in awe of how great that was

19. congruence

Got a light?

I was a pretty huge fan of their last two releases so I can't imagine how great this is gonna be based on these reactions, unfortunately have to wait until tonight to listen in full

20. trevorshmevor Aug 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2019)
    Man. There are just SO many stand out moments on this. These guys really came through with a wonderful record that sounds nothing like their peers or much else in general. Feels so fresh while also being such a balanced blend of their previous LPs. I do wish the overall production was a little punchier — some of the drum panning stuff is a little weird too, but that’s really my only initial nitpick criticism

21. I always take the long way home just in case they’re aiming from the rooftops

22. Yellowcard2006 Aug 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2019)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Feels horrible to be listening to this album so early considering the context but this really is amazing. On first listen this album is clearly standing out as the best they've done for me. Phil played the synth on First Day Back so I assume he also played on this in addition to guitar. My understanding was he was a pretty big part of the writing aspect and was a founding member.

23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea just echoing that this is really good. Synth works great with the signature somos vocals.

waking season likes this.
  24. sawhney[rusted]2

Mediterranean is legit an insane Arena Rock song

trevorshmevor likes this.
  25. sawhney[rusted]2

Synthwork on Young Believers is beautiful