Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Somos - Prison On A Hill (Oct 11, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Instant purchase, obviously.

Looking very forward to listening to this, as well as incredibly sad it is under these circumstances. Ugh.

Anthony_ likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

3. Obviously it's way too early for them to have anything to say about their future as a band but I've just started listening to this and holy shit that OPENER. I really hope this isn't it for them.

4. My Way To You

This album is fantastic

5. Anthony_

Six songs in and nothing else this year so far has come close to instantly grabbing me and refusing to let go like this record already has. This is a special album.

6. FAREWELL TO EXILE OH MY FUCKING GOD

7. those pulsing synths on "Absent and Lost" daaaamn

8. Anthony_

The synths all over this thing are so, so good. Excellent decision to lean so heavily into incorporating them. "Young Believers" is also a highlight in the synth department.

9. oh, absolutely. this whole album so far has incredible synth stuff going on. i'm loving it!

sawhney[rusted]2 and Anthony_ like this.
  10. Anthony_ Aug 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2019)
    Anthony_

just got to this one and hard same

11. The transition into Absent and Lost, fucking hell I wasn't ready

12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This opener is an all timer for this band already

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. Everything about "My Way To You" fuck

14. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

this band is firing on all cylinders with this release and it breaks my heart he will never get to see how well received this is going to be by the scene.

15. Anthony_

Just finished. There are some real heavy hitters yet to come out this year (especially Jimmy Eat World and The Early November) but this is going to be up there in terms of AOTY. Staggeringly good. That Phil won't be here to enjoy the accolades this record is going to earn is heartbreaking.

astereo and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  16. congruence

Got a light?

Being from Mass I really regret not driving 20 mins the time I had a chance to see them, their albums were really important to me during a tough time in my life. Don't even need to listen to buy this, but dreamless is already amazing

17. When "New Blood" instantly goes into half time at the end... wow

18. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

New Blood is fucking massive

19. cherrywaves

Trusted

So is this a continuation of First Day Back or kind of a mix of previous styles? Both those records are A+ and I am very excited to listen

20. Just finished my first spin. Starting the album over now because I was kind of sidetracked by work for the first half of it.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Seriously, so many moments. Up to the outro of Iron Heel...this album is so much fun

smowashere and astereo like this.
  22. the synths are a new thing for them and it's changed the dynamic of their sound to a pretty huge degree so it's hard to say imo

23. Anthony_

They've got the 80s New Wave influences turned up to 11 here. You can hear some of the remnants of First Day Back but it's a whole other beast entirely really.

24. I'd say it's a mix of both. If you stripped off the electronic elements of this one, it'd be pretty similar to ToP. The electronic bits though are reminiscent to FDB. But this album is on a whole other level though. This thing is huge.

25. Anthony_

The Granite Face-Farewell to Exile-Untraceable Past is one hell of a way to open a record.