Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Somos - Prison On A Hill (Oct 11, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Fuck.

2. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Awful loss, fuck

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck

4. Lucyford7

BrynneC.

I met Phil at one of the Minneapolis shows and super humble and genuine. This band when all together, live or on the record is amazing, one of the best not only on Tiny Engines, but in the indie rock scene. Behind the scene they fight for some great causes. Big loss! Super prayers to the band and their families. Michael and Phil to me were like Keith and Mick.

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Met Phil at one of their shows and echo everyone here. Extremely genuine person. My heart goes out to everyone in his circle. He’s made a huge and positive impact on a lot of people through music and kindness in his short time, and I hope his friends & family can find some semblance of solace in that. RIP.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Also, on a musical level, Phil wrote some of my favorite riffs of all time. Immense talent

7. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

So sad to wake up to this news. Condolences to all that knew him.

8. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Very sad. This must be a very difficult year for that Boston scene with the loss of Tim Landers too. Fuck.

waking season and Contender like this.
  9. TomG

Trusted Supporter

This is a major bummer. Anyone know how much he will have played on the new album (not sure how far along it is)?

10. It’s been finished for a bit and I have to imagine the rollout would have been starting very soon

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. Horrorca

Trusted

so so sad

rip

12. bradsonemanband Aug 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2019)
    "Somos guitarist Phil Haggerty passed away on August 10th. The band's upcoming new album, Prison On A Hill, will be available early, for this week only, with all donations going to the family's funeral expenses. Please donate if you can."

Guess the thread title can change to "Somos - Prison On A Hill (Oct 11, 2019)"

Such a bummer to announce your album under these circumstances... I've been sad all weekend because of this news. But honestly so excited to dive into a new Somos album finally. Phenomenal band.

13. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

Instant purchase. 3 songs in and it's fucking fantastic. RIP Phil, please buy this if you can spare the cash.

14. Instant purchase too & will be buying again in October. Couple tracks in and wow

15. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

The outro of Young Believers I'm crying

16. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

welp. this is going to be a hard listen

17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

1000000% getting this now. So sad for Phil’s family, which obviously includes his Somos family. Can’t wait to listen listen.

18. Anthony_

One song in and holy shit

19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

instant purchase, just bummed I can't jam it until after work.

20. kkhawk24

Just purchased. Always loved these guys. Incredibly sad.

teebs41 and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

purchased, excited to listen. unfortunate it was released early under these circumstances. never really listened to them but the name is familiar and i'll check out a jay maas produced record.

22. Dreamless is fantastic and I'm probably going to spend today going through their back catalogue to remind myself how good their first two albums were since I haven't listened in a while. Bought the album.

23. Anthony_

They're really good. Definitely give the back catalog a listen when you can.

24. Anthony_ Aug 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2019)
    Anthony_

Farewell to Exile oh my god

25. Anthony_

This album is really hitting all the right buttons for me, musically. I honestly didn't know where they would go after First Day Back, just knew they had a real tough task ahead of them trying to top that record. Thus far it seems like they may have done it.