Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Somos - First Day Back (February 19, 2016) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 8, 2016.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

The snare sound is kind of echoey and is waaaaaay too high in the mix. The songs themselves are pretty good.

First Day Back has exceptional production FWIW. Really wish they went back to that producer. I think people will look back on that record fondly

2. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I haven’t listened to these guys in a while but I loved Temple of Plenty and listened to it a ton this time of year in 2016. Really fun album.

3. red8ge

Regular

i still regularly play "streets upon streets" which has to be one of the best songs from that wave of bands

Collins likes this.
  4. New jammmmmm

5. Wow, that songs owns. Definitely their best post FDB

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. Horrorca

Trusted

awesome song!

better than anything under LP2 because well it sounds closer to ToP which is an awesome record

this could be an epic come-back after a huge disappointment

fight me @cwhit

7. Horrorca

Trusted

listened again! sick

if we get a new Somos record this year omg

8. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I think they posted a while back that they were hoping to put something out this year actually!

9. Horrorca

Trusted

fuck yes!

mattav152 likes this.
  10. They started recording in February.

Song is great

11. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Just listening for the first time and this song is a straight jam for sure. Sounds like a nice mix of their sounds on both records (both of which are great imo)

12. Checked Spotify to see if the song was there and saw a new full length uploaded to their profile by a completely different artist, also named Somos lol. Wonder if they know, or if that other artist cares

13. I hated First Day Back the first couple times I listened to it. But now, I like it. I still don't listen to it as much as Temple of Plenty though. TOP still kicks so much ass. I can never just listen to the album once through.

14. Horrorca

Trusted

saw that and listened to like 2 mins - it was p bad lol

15. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

wow, great song. looking forward to more new music by these guys!

16. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Absolutely love First Day Back and the new singles, have never been able to get into Temple of Plenty.

17. terps12

Regular

Something about the new song reminds me of Matt Skiba's side project called Heavens.

18. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Don't like the production on the new song, but its really good. Definitely a mix of their two records.

FDB is one of the best albums in this genre... love me @Horrorca

19. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

FDB felt like a bunch of good but unfinished ideas.

20. Horrorca

Trusted

I just felt they went beyond their depth and while I enjoy it I could never listen to it again and be A OK with that

it sounds like all the energy was drained from them

21. Collins

Trusted

New song rips. “Honestly uncertainty would be a luxery”

Hope they got some dates lined up

22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Listened to Temple of Plenty for the first time in at least a year today, I forgot how enjoyable it is.

Collins and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  23. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Same goes for First Day Back. I liked it when it came out but never really returned to it, I’m feeling it a lot this week. Looking forward to whatever is next.

24. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

25. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Hype.