Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Someone Tried to Kiss Alvvays Singer Molly Rankin on Stage • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 19, 2017.

1. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Fucking yuck

2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Ew. I'm totally checking out this band when I get home though.

3. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Gross. It's not ok to climb through a drive through window and force the employee there to kiss you. I don't get why there are people who think this is ok or any different.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Someone yelled out to Doll Skin last year for Sydney to "show us your tits". She was 16. She then aptly called security to have the dude removed from the venue.

Raku likes this.
  6. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

remember that time someone tried to crowd fund a festival that was only allowed for girls, and a bunch of men didn't understand why?? Yeah. This is a reason why.

Mary V, SuNDaYSTaR, SamLevi11 and 3 others like this.
  7. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Umm what's bad about this comment? I'm stating that I've seen the same stuff

8. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

See @Anna Acosta comment. If you still have questions, I don't know what to tell you

9. Larry David

Classy statement

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I did read it. I'm just tired of people automatically assuming things. Obviously this is a serious matter, nobody should be assaulted like that.

11. Larry David

So can you answer her question? What made you post that? Can you seriously not see how insensitive that is?

Anna Acosta likes this.
  12. Larry David

"Obviously it's a serious matter" that's why I chose to make men the victim with no voice in this thread

SuNDaYSTaR and skogsraet like this.
  13. Fucking gross and disheartening that we still have to have this conversation. Demand better.

Joe4th likes this.
  14. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

That's the awkward shuffle of a man who knows he has thoroughly embarrassed himself. What a clown.

DejaMoi and truelovewaits like this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Isn't this like the fourth time in recent years this has happened?
    Brianna from Tigers Jaw, Parker Cannon from The Story So Far, and I'm sure I remember another incident...

What is wrong with people to think they can do this?

16. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Feel free to be a part of that conversation any time when male victims of assault are given coverage. This isn't the place. Incorrectly deciding no one cares about men because you haven't bothered to be an active participant until it was time to try and one up a thread about a woman being assaulted is a bad look.

17. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen and St. Nate like this.
  18. jorbjorb

7 rings

Wow that was hard to watch.

19. Fact check: I assumed nothing. In fact, I explicitly gave you the benefit of the doubt. I then asked you a question and offered you some perspective as to why your comment was construed the way it was.

If you don't want to have a dialogue, posting in a forum is an odd choice.

20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

britty from pity sex.
    also feel like it happened at like a chvrches show or something

21. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

fuck outta here

truelovewaits and Joe4th like this.
  22. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I don't know about a kiss or any form of physical assault but I do recall a fan throwing a ring-pop or something to Lauren onstage and shouting "Marry me!", which is no less creepy. There's a video of the same thing happeneing to Hayley Williams a few years ago. It's gross. As stated above, it's a shame we have to be having this conversation at all.

Raku and cwhit like this.
  23. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

It's still very weird to me the sense of entitlement fans have in regards to musicians.

24. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Agreed, or any famous person for that matter.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty sure it wasn't even either of them so that just makes it worse.