Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Some Apple Updates Today

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Apple announced some new things this morning, including a new Product(Red) iPhone:

“Since we began working with (RED) 10 years ago, our customers have made a significant impact in fighting the spread of AIDS through the purchase of our products, from the original iPod nano (PRODUCT)RED Special Edition all the way to today’s lineup of Beats products and accessories for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO.

And a new lower priced iPad:

Starting at $329 for the 32 GB Wi-Fi version and simply called ‘iPad’, the new device appears to be a lower-cost replacement for the iPad Air line as the company’s iPad lineup now includes iPad mini 4, the new ‘iPad’, and the iPad Pro in existing 9.7″ and 12.9″ configurations. Neither iPad Pro model received any update this morning. The iPad mini 4, on the other hand, now offers more capacity for the same price: the 128 GB Wi-Fi model is now priced at $399, while the 128 GB Wi-Fi + Cellular is available at $529.

And some new Apple Watch bands:

Amongst the hubbub of today’s announcements, one thing went unmentioned: new Apple Watch bands! (Well, new colors, anyway.) You can now grab a $49 Sport Band in Camellia, Pebble, or Azure; $49 Woven Nylon bands in Orange (and blue), Berry, Red (and yellow/gray), and, uh “Pollen” (blue/yellow/green). Also, the Nike+ Sport bands in Anthracite/Black, Pure Platinum/White, and Black/Volt, are now available as $49 options—previously, you could only get them by buying the Nike+ edition of the Watch.

2. bloodinthesand

Regular

All I want is a 256gb Itouch, please

3. sawyerandthetoms

Indie Folk from Kennesaw, GA

$100 more for the Red version? Pass.

4. CMilliken

Trusted

Anyone on here have the Apple Watch Series 2? I've been really debating for the past few months about getting one. Worth it?

Also glad they updated the iPads a little. Been wanting to upgrade mine since it's running really, really slow.

5. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Apple Watch is more or less the first iOS device I haven't upgraded with each cycle, still running my first generation stainless steel model, holds up great. Doing this so I notice a true difference when the Series 3 comes out…

6. sawyerandthetoms

Indie Folk from Kennesaw, GA

Unless you're swimming with it there's no need to get Series 2. Series 1 is fine for 99% of people.

7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Pretty cool, I had no idea how many different bands were around until I did a search. There's a crap ton of color variants of the Nike band.

8. defmytones

Regular

Not quite, they're just starting at the 128gb option. No 32gb available.

coleslawed and pauljgreco like this.
  9. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Same as the jet black.

10. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

May I ask why that instead of a 256GB iPhone?

11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I'd rather have the clickwheel back.

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  12. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I miss the clickwheel so much.

13. You can speak to your phone and play an album in like less than 2 seconds and people want clickwheels? What is happening.

14. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

But Jason, the WHEEL!

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Was great 15 years ago, and is really awful with what we have now.

pauljgreco likes this.
  16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

that's great when you know exactly what you want to play or just play anything, but not when you want to just browse through your collection.
    "Siri, tell me every artist and alum in my Apple Music"

also, I don't use Siri :teethsmile:

17. You can browse through your collection even faster too. Not sure what you all are doing with your music app. ;-p

pauljgreco likes this.