Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ron Howard, May 25, 2018) Movie • Page 91

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 30, 2016.

1. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I still have yet to buy this on BluRay. Waiting to go to the flea market this weekend and get it for $10. I don't think they did any special versions of this anywhere in stores (aside from steel book).

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

the internet is a crazy place.

3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Saw this in a theater this past week and it was way more enjoyable on the second watch for me. I did initially like it but this time it seemed to fly by. Still have a little trouble believing the main character I’m watching is Han.

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

5. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

This is on Netflix now in the US.

6. BackyardHero11

Trusted

there's a target one that comes with a little book.

7. Davjs Apr 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2019)
    Davjs

Trusted

Finally caught this and I thought it was great actually. Didn't expect that at all, esp after the fatigue I had after Ep 8.

If you would have told me years ago that I'd love a unnecessary Han origin movie over the follow up to The Force Awakens made by the guy who did Brick and Looper, I would have laughed.

Sucks this didn't do too well, I'd be super down for a follow up. The whole cast is great and want to see them doing more in this universe.

Dodger likes this.
  8. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Yeah i kinda enjoyed it as well.
    My expectations were very low so I think that helped.

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This is okay, my expectations were also low and it met or slightly exceeded them so I left more or less satisfied. The Last Jedi was way better imo not even close.

Zilla, coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  10. NitrateDawn

Regular

Tbh I’m kinda glad it performed below expectations because I think it made Lucasfilm re-examine their approach

beachdude likes this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Rogue One is still tops

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

TLJ is the only Star Wars movie released since 1983 that I like

theagentcoma, beachdude and Dodger like this.
  13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Exactly. They were gonna totally oversaturate it and I think this made them realize how bad of a strategy that would be.

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This was way better than it had any right to be given it's tumultuous production. Not great by any means but enjoyable enough.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Dog with a Blog

I finally watched this as well. Wasn’t awful, wasn’t great. Just kinda there and enjoyable enough. I laughed pretty hard at him getting his name from a fucking random ass dude though. Solo could have just been a normal last name, I didn’t need an origin for it, especially one so silly. Like, imagine basing your last name off an interaction you had with a customs worker. Also, I really like Donald Glover but I thought he was pretty bad in this and do not understand the praise. He definitely looked the part but it felt like he was just doing a poor impression for most of it. Anyway, it was fine/10.

16. Dog with a Blog

Also, this is just a dumb nit picky thing, but Darth Maul pulling out his light saber and then turning it on before hanging up on their Skype call was really dumb and funny to me. Imagine us FaceTimeing and then before I hung up I just pulled out a sword. Scary, huh?

17. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I have a lightsaber and always pull it out for no reason while I FaceTime my best friend. When you have one it becomes a just because I can kind of thing. It’s not necessary but fuck it.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

you don't do this?

coleslawed, Zilla and Dog with a Blog like this.
  19. Dog with a Blog

Pull out my sword? I dunno, guess it depends on who I’m talkin to

Anthony_ and theagentcoma like this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

#MakeSolo2Happen is trending on Twitter right now.

Edit: I guess it's just my personalized trends, but it's still cool to see.

Davjs, BackyardHero11 and Jason Tate like this.
  21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I'd actually like to see Solo 2.

22. dlemert

Trusted

My dream is that Spielberg will scrap any plans for more Indiana Jones movies and instead adopt Solo as his own franchise and serialize it and make it Indiana Jones in space. As someone who thinks Alden did a splendid job picking up Harrison's mantle, I think this would be a win/win situation for everyone.

23. Your Milkshake Jul 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 30, 2019)
    Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I finally finally saw this.

the sets were some of my favorite. growing up playing Shadows of the Empire and Bounty Huneter games, Ive always been interested in the gangster/crime stuff under the surface of the mainline films. cautiously excited for Mandalorian.

Idk tho this wasnt that entertaining. the story and characters were at least moderately boring. but still it was kinda fine. idk feels weird. I anticipated liking it alot more than I did.

24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

this was very odd lol

Ken and Dog with a Blog like this.
  25. It was probably for the people who wouldn't remember Maul. They'll remember the double light saber.

But yes this movie wasn't great.