Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ron Howard, May 25, 2018) Movie • Page 90

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 30, 2016.

1. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Ya gone and fucked up. Hahaha

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

It was better than TLJ

Davjs and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  4. I like watching movies in my home way more than the theatre so I'm kinda ok with it. Heh.

beachdude and LessThanTrevor like this.
  5. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I hear you on that. I have a six and a half month old. I don't have time to be going out and dealing with other people.

6. I have no kids and feel this way. :crylaugh:

beachdude, LessThanTrevor and Dodger like this.
  7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

”Star Wars underworld” are 3 words to get me excited

8. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I'm down for another one for sure. Looking forward to watching this one again.

9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Gonna get this on digital and view for the 2nd time tonight.

10. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I know, right? I was prepared for a total turd with all the BTS drama, but it’s super fun and enjoyable. My favorite? Nah. But it earned a place amongst the other films.

beachdude and theagentcoma like this.
  11. SteveLikesMusic

The imperial academy scene 100% should have made the final cut.

beachdude, aoftbsten and ship90 like this.
  12. ship90

Trusted

I loved that one. Alden is so charming.

I’m watching the round table discussion and it’s so great. It would be neat for the same thing to be done for Ep 9.

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

got this on Prime and the audios all fucked up

14. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Pre-ordered that Steelbook

dash64 likes this.
  15. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Watching this for the first time now. For some reason, it doesn't ~feel like in ten years this guy will be the Han from Episode IV, but I'm really enjoying Alden's performance/this whole movie so far. Very fun and intense at parts.

Dodger likes this.
  16. SteveLikesMusic

I really really like the 2nd act of this thing. The characters just work so well together, dialogue and performances are as solid as it gets for this series (aside from Adam and daisy being the high bar)

beachdude and Dodger like this.
  17. Just watched this last night and wow was I pleasantly surprised.

To me, a lot of this really captured the Star Wars adventure feeling that I personally didn’t get from Rogue One or TLJ.

I thought the performances were great. Yeah this Han is a little different but none the less a lot of fun to watch.

I really do hope they dig into the underworld a bit more.

theagentcoma, coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

saw this in theaters and enjoyed it a ton, I'll wait for it to hit Netflix or another premium channel to watch again.

Davjs and coleslawed like this.
  19. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

yeah i look forward to watching this again

coleslawed likes this.
  20. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Alden is so good at being a young Han Solo it's kinda crazy. When he said "we got the pilot" and pointed to himself I absolutely loved it.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

22. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I was against this film from the start. From the literally THOUSANDS of interesting ideas they could have chosen for stories to tell in the Star Wars universe, an origin story for Han Solo honestly had to be one of the absolute worst and least exciting, void of all creativity and imagination, shrinking the universe in on itself when these movies should be doing the exact opposite.

I watched the film on my own at home and was honestly extremely impressed at how good it was. Both Ron Howard and Alden Ehrenreich stepped into situations where they were screwed from the start and they both did incredible work.

The reaction to this film from the world at large, and more specifically from Lucasfilm, has me fully on its side now. Just looking at the film that's on screen and what that should have cost to make, I really feel like $393 million in box office should have been more than enough to consider it a success.

Lucasfilm really seems to be taking the wrong lessons from this whole situation too. I don't think it underperformed due to 'Star Wars Fatigue’ or oversaturation in any huge way. Firing your original directors at the end of production and hiring someone else to come in and film an entirely new film is a really expensive way to make movies. Add this to the fact that this is a story nobody was really asking to see, and a film that recast one of arguably the most iconic and recognizable roles in cinema with a new and untested actor and I just don't see how this movie was ever going to do the kind of numbers they were looking for.

They really seem to have a problem with not being on the same page as their directors and not realizing it or addressing it until very late in production.

ship90, SteveLikesMusic and Davjs like this.
  23. bodkins

Trusted

Just put this on, been looking forward to it all day.

theagentcoma likes this.
  24. dlemert

Trusted

How has there not been more discussion about how the climactic scene of this movie is essentially just a sword fight in a living room? I thought this was wonderfully subversive, especially for a Star Wars movie where the norm for third acts is blowing up a planet-sized object of some sort.

jkauf, coleslawed and theagentcoma like this.
  25. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I liked it in theaters but enjoyed it quite a bit more the second time around. Really love Aldon's performance.