Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ron Howard, May 25, 2018) Movie • Page 87

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 30, 2016.

1. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Yet to see it myself (just not a big enough Star Wars fan to care enough to see another so soon after the The Last Jedi) but I would be surprised if it even managed to break $400m worldwide.

2. As a purely casual at best SW fan (haven’t seen rogue one or the last Jedi), I liked this.

JimmyIymmiJ and theagentcoma like this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I can't overstate how fantastic the score is for this movie. Han's theme, Marauders Arrive, Chicken in the Pot are all fantastic.

4. bodkins

Trusted

Watched again. Right after L3 gets hit on Kessel, Anthony Daniels character is the one that shouts "Come on, this way". May be a bit obvious to state, but it sounds so much like 3PO. Kinda surprised I missed it the first time.

5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i really enjoyed this. a few flaws, but the overall product was swell.
    one question, why did the new rebels at the end draw a picture of the death star in the dirt to symbolize the empire? shouldn’t that still be a top secret thing within the empire? or was i seeing it wrong?

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I thought the same at first, but I'm pretty sure they were drawing the Crimson Dawn symbol.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Saw this today and thought it was just okay unfortunately. Some really cool parts but it was too inconsistent imo. Pretty much all of the humor fell flat (L3 was incredibly annoying and unfunny) and I didn't really like the first act that much. Second act with the Kessel run was easily the strongest

Alden actually nailed it, and this will probably be surprising coming from me but I thought Donald's performance was pretty spotty, slipping in and out of the Lando voice and his own, although I still couldn't help but smile whenever he was on screen lol. Wish he was in it more

Definitely enjoyed it but easily the worst of the new Star Wars movies so far

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

It took me so long after seeing Solo to remember where it fits in the timeline and that it means Darth Maul survived and i'm so happy now.

10. People seem to either love or hate L3. Maybe I'd feel differently on a re-watch, but I walked out of the theater loving that sassy droid.

circasurviver and aoftbsten like this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

She was a stone cold badass

12. circasurviver

Trusted

Excuse the language. When we were walking out of the theater we heard a guy behind us say “God, I fucking hated that dyke droid!” My wife and I just gave each other eye rolls and shook our heads.
    I personally thought she was one of the best parts of the film.

13. MidDave

I loved L3.

circasurviver and aoftbsten like this.
  14. Nathan

L3 was very good and deserved a better movie

15. Val was also very good and deserved a better movie.

cybele and circasurviver like this.
  16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

So was Lando getting lucky with L3 or what???

17. MidDave

I liked Solo. I thought it was a fun little Star Wars movie. And i'm excited to learn more about Maul's survival.

18. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

You should just watch the cartoons. I don’t know how much the future films will be able to cover without showing some of the same scenes.

19. MidDave

I have. I guess "learn" was the wrong term. But see the film adaption of it hell yeah.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I don't think the movies are going to retread the shows.
    the general consensus is that his finale in Rebels was executed pretty perfectly, so I wouldn't think they'd want to try and do it again.

Dodger likes this.
  21. MidDave

That’s fair. I read talk that it may influence the Kenobo movie.

22. Nathan

i was hesitant to watch this because it's almost an hour long but i really enjoyed it

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  23. ship90

Trusted

Rian sitting with the Kasdans

Dodger likes this.
  24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Watched this today and I liked a lot of what she said. Especially with the "reveal" of Enfys being really awkward like we were supposed to be shocked about something... "So the reveal is....she's a girl?" haha.

25. ship90

Trusted

coleslawed and Joe like this.