Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ron Howard, May 25, 2018) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I have faith in Rian Johnson. He's an exceptional, distinctive talent and while its just a teaser, the photography we've seen is absolutely stunning. The production of the Last Jedi seems to have gone fine, as far as we know.

being sandwiched by j.j. abrams and colin treverrow certainly doesn't amplify my interest in the franchise as a whole, however

2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm sure this will probably end up being fine, but I really wanted Lucasfilm to make some more unique and original movies with the stand alones.

Weirdly, I'm still feeling like Rian Johnson got to make the movie he wanted though. Hope I'm right.

beachdude42 and FrenzalRob like this.
  3. Anthony_ Jun 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2017)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This film is likely DOA at this point. I don't see how you fire two visionaries five months into shooting, replace them with someone who hasn't been there shepherding the project since day one, and have it just turn out fine. And they're not going to scrap what they've done so far and start over, so the whole thing is going to feel disjointed.

If Kennedy thinks she knows how to do the job better then Lord & Miller she should just direct the thing herself. What's the point of hiring talented filmmakers if you're just going to dictate to them from the shadows anyway? I'd definitely love to see what kind of directorial vision she has for the film that was so much better than theirs.

I'm furious right now, just needed to vent.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

plus Laura fucking Dern

Nathan likes this.
  5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I clarify, by fine, I meant passable. But you're right, it'll probably feel disjointed. Part of me kind of wants this to be horrible now just as an F-U to this whole situation.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I wasn't sub-commenting you, my bad. I always make sure to quote people when I'm specifically talking to them. I was just typing my frustrations out because I can't believe this is fucking happening again.

beachdude42 and aoftbsten like this.
  7. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I can't possibly want a movie, especially Star Wars, to be horrible. I want every movie I pay to see to entertain me. But this is greatly troubling when it comes to what the final product will be.

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

True. Star Wars is my favorite franchise, and just one of my favorite things period. So I'd rather it be great obviously. But, if this failing meant that they ease up, take some chances, and give talented people the freedom to see their vision through, I'd be okay with it.

9. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Good way to put it. Very much in the same boat.

10. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

It's gonna make mad money though either way. They keep churning out Transformers and don't bother making them better because they make money. That is my concern here.

11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This whole situation is extremely disappointing. Disney's making a big mistake, no way this turns out good now.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  12. bodkins

Trusted

Shit. Not the news I was hoping to hear on this.

13. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

I feel Marvel's gone that way.

Such a good point... :( Fuck. Cash cow franchises are dangerous things.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

farts

bodkins likes this.
  16. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Joe Johnston stinks.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Morrissey

Trusted

Why do these movies even have directors? Let Kathleen Kennedy do it.

18. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Jurassic Park 3's Joe Johnston?!?!

beachdude42 likes this.
  19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah, dude did the weakest Jurrasic Park movie and the weakest Captain America movie... doesn't exactly fill me with confidence if he's the best they can get lol.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  20. TedSchmosby

Trusted

This whole situation is hilariously disappointing

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Man, to relocate your entire family for months to a different country, onl to get fired because the studio didn't do its homework. That's nuts.

beachdude42 and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

So will they not even get director credits on it now? They completed 5 months of shooting out of a 6 month shoot, that would be incredibly fucked up if their names didn't even end up on it

This is an extremely strange situation

beachdude42 and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

I've got a bad feeling about this...

I'll see myself out

BirdPerson and bodkins like this.
  24. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I do like Ron Howard, however all of this news has been pretty disappointing.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Took their names off the title and shed a tear.

Zilla, beachdude42, tucah and 2 others like this.