Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ron Howard, May 25, 2018) Movie • Page 54

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

However long it takes me to get enough money for a full back portrait

2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Dibs on Scissorpunch for a band name.

fenway89 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

Five Finger Scissorpunch

4. This just doesn’t look great at all

5. You would LOVE the SW Christmas special then!

6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Donald Glover will 1000% steal this show

7. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

coleslawed and fenway89 like this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

P much only interested at this point for Donald.

9. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Have to keep an open mind. I feel like I’ve already decided that I don’t like this movie and I haven’t even seen it.

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, it's weirdly getting to the point for me where I don't want to see it.

Edit: I will. It's just weird going in with that kind of feeling.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm not going into this with my usual Star Wars expectations, but I think this will probably end up being pretty fun.

fenway89 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow, only a month and a half away

13. NitrateDawn

Regular

I mean, for any non-franchise movie trailer that doesn't look good you wouldn't feel like you have to see it. I feel like there's lots of people who will only see this out of loyalty to the brand but aren't actually looking forward to it.

14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I just saw the trailer and I was pretty surprised that everyone thinks it's the absolute worst

I mean yea, you probably don't need a solo movie but it's not gigli

fenway89 likes this.
  15. I'm not completely sold on Alden Ehrenreich as Solo either, but I think the movie around him looks solid. The cinematography is top notch, the costuming and character designs are cool, and that train sequence looks like it's gonna be fun.

fenway89 likes this.
  16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I don't expect this to be horrible, but maybe. That said, the Solo movie should have always been with Harrison Ford and set sometime between RotJ and TFA.

17. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I just don’t think there was any need for a Solo movie to begin with. It’s just not necessary. That said. I think it looks fun enough and i think Alden looks fine

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

It's hard to do a Han Solo story between ROTJ & TFA because so much of that story would involve Kylo/Leia/Snoke/Luke you could almost do a complete new trilogy on that. Unless the movie focuses on him after he and leia split, but idk how interested in that I am, I also don't think there is any shot at Ford ever reprising Solo again. Kinda feels like he came back to TFA to literally end that character's story-line.

Ken likes this.
  19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I agree it would be extremely difficult to work the plot. I just don't really care much for a non-Harrison Ford Han Solo. He is Han Solo. I hope I'm going to be proven wrong though, but I suspect I won't.

20. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

Would you say you have a bad feeling about this?

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  21. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I'm all in.

fenway89 likes this.
  22. Would rather just have books filling in gaps of the already established characters. Give me movies about new people and places and conflicts.

Dodger, Ken and Anthony_ like this.
  23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I 100% agree with this. It's easy to write in Han's style, not so easy to act in Harrison Ford's.

24. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Also agree. Really want a book about how Luke became such a bad-ass between Empire and Jedi

25. I wish shadows of the Empire was still canon. Probably my favorite book and a great game

fenway89 likes this.