Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ron Howard, May 25, 2018) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I'm down for a more western and/or heist tone to the movie.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jan 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 11, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

My one and only request for this movie: for the love of god do not make Han Solo an orphan. Everyone important in this damn galaxy is an orphan it seems.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

coleslawed, aoftbsten and Eric Wilson like this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol red cup

ChaseTx and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  7. fronkensteen

Trusted

That's clever.

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Thandie confirmed too

11. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Lord & Miller, Donald, Alden Ehrenreich, Woody Harrelson, this will be a delight.

although

12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  13. Greg

Wasn't there a casting call for just that? If that was legit, it must not be a major role, or its one they aren't ready to announce yet. Or it was never legit.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, they were supposed to be casting Han's wife who is black and definitely a major major character.

Contender likes this.
  15. Greg

To be fair it's really Han's "wife". Or at least that's the character everyone thought was being cast.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Has it been made clear what the scenario was regarding that? I'm not sure I remember reading the circumstances. Was it just a long con or something?

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

If standing right in front of Chewbacca won't make Donald smile then nothing will

Contender likes this.
  18. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I kind of want "Han Solo: Scoundrel, Smuggler, Hero" to be the title. or maybe split them up and do a trilogy.

(I don't really think we need a Han Solo trilogy, but it'd be a cool title sequence)

19. fronkensteen

Trusted

They're going to overkill the amount of movies in this universe.

Ken likes this.
  20. Greg

I disagree. One per year works.

Marvel is doing 2-3 per year now and it's still working for them financially. With only one SW a year and it having far broader appeal than Marvel, I don't see them having any problems doing it.

Unless 8 does really bad, which I doubt, they are doing just fine.

Joe4th, coleslawed and scottlechowicz like this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I hope they stick to just one per year. I think it'll be fine as long as they continue diversify the characters/stories and it's not all about Jedi.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. fronkensteen

Trusted

They'll make money for sure, but that doesn't mean they'll be good. Marvel movies are boring and repetitive.

23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

not a huge fan of the Marvel movies, I think some of them are pretty good and exactly what you want from them, the rest are entertaining enough if nothing else is showing

24. Greg

That wasn't really the point that was brought up. It was more overkill on the amount, so I replied to that point.

Quality is indeed a whole other valid point. The quality may go down. One could argue in some ways Rogue One was a step down, but some thought it was a step up. It's too early to say for sure what their quality trajectory is under Disney. But I would say they are off to a solid start.

Despite the yearly release, it's not like they are starting and wrapping the movie each year. They are way ahead on that front. 8 has been done shooting for a while now already. I'm sure some reshoots will happen, but it seems to be largely done. Isn't Williams doing the score already? They may be releasing every year, but it's not a year to year turn around.

I do think if they start doing 3 SW movies a year it may impact things negatively. But maybe not. Maybe the world needs a Ki-Adi Mundi stand alone film. Haha!

coleslawed likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen