Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Soccer Mommy Opening for Paramore

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Soccer Mommy has been added to the upcoming Paramore tour.

6/12/18 – St. Augustine, FL @ St. Augustine Amphitheatre
    6/14/18 – Simpsonville, SC @ Heritage Park Amphitheatre
    6/15/18 – Raleigh, NC @ Red Hat Amphitheater
    6/17/18 – Syracuse, NY @ Lakeview Amphitheater
    6/18/18 – Toronto, ON @ Budweiser Stage
    6/20/18 – Gilford, NH @ Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion
    6/21/18 – Bangor, ME @ Darlings Waterfront Pavilion
    6/23/18 – Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post Pavilion
    6/24/18 – Philadelphia, PA @ Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing
    6/26/18 – Brooklyn, NY @ Barclays Center
    6/28/18 – Columbus, OH @ Express Live!
    6/29/18 – Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
    7/1/18 – Indianpolis, IN @ Farm Bureau Insurance Lawn at White River State Park

2. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

This is so awesome for them. I've never seen them live, but that new album is so good. I bet they'll get tons of much-deserved exposure and new fans from this.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

also jay som, so great for them both

Essie likes this.
  4. I need to go this tour so badly now. Why does nothing like this come to the PNW?? I feel like Paramore has completely avoided Seattle this album cycle.

Arry likes this.
  5. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i bought tickets to the Red Rocks show because they weren't coming to PNW and I felt like this was the last leg of the tour. And i've always wanted to go to a red rocks show so it made sense! paramore is the only band that i will travel for

6. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

What a terrible band/artist name. I'll pass on listening just based on that.

7. :facepalm:

8. You have no idea what you're missing out on. Also, it's clearly sarcasm.

Helloelloallo likes this.
  9. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Your loss.

10. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

L

11. St. Nate

This band literally opens up for half of the shows I go to.

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

lucky

13. St. Nate

It's so weird. I assumed they were from New York until they said they were from Tennessee.

14. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

It's all good. I like living the life in which i never have to say, i listen to 'soccer mommy'.

15. [​IMG]

16. St. Nate

[​IMG]

17. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]
    **INSERTS DODGING GIF**

Seriously though, anyone that says a band name doesn't have any impact on if they'll listen to them or not (or how open their mind is going in), is a big ol' liar, pants on fire. Even if you still listen anyway, the band name has an impact. Go tell all your real life friends that don't hang around here to listen to 'Soccer Mommy' and gauge how interested they are in immediately doing so. Gentleman's bet, here's $1. Ask 10 people, at least 5 of them will laugh and say 'excuse me? who?'.

I'm being hyperbolic when I say I'll never listen to them because of it, because honestly, if I caught a bit of one of their songs and dug it, I'd listen regardless. But I'm not exactly dying to hit play based on their name.

18. I find that their name is a great talking point and always gets people interested because they usually ask me "what the hell does an artist called soccer mommy sound like?"

19. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Anyway, what a cool opportunity for two up and coming artists, which is much more important than petty gripes over band names!

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. My friends trust my recommendations tho.