Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

So What?! Music Festival 2017 Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 3, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Nov 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 14, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

2. kidinthebushes Nov 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 13, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

This is the festival's 10 year anniversary.

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Hope they do something similar to what they just did with the Fall festival in Deep Ellum rather than a big outdoor thing in Grand Prairie.

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

What about the Grand Prairie festival don't you like? How many stages are there? I have never been so I am just curious.

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I've never been either, but I'm familiar with that area and those types of festivals. I would just prefer to have smaller intimate shows rather than a big outdoor stage that thousands of people are crowding around. Just a personal preference really. I almost always prefer club shows to amphitheater shows in general.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I went to a couple three day hard rock festivals this year. I think club shows and huge festivals both have their advantages.

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Oh, definitely. I've been to a few huge festivals and always have a great time. I think that particularly with this festival, I typically only want to see a few of the acts so I'd just prefer club shows.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Third String Festivals is proud to announce our 10th Anniversary celebration of So What?! Music Festival taking place March 24th - 26th. To celebrate this occasion in the biggest way possible, we will be taking over multiple venues in Deep Ellum on Friday to kick off the weekend and then bringing some of the best names in our scene to AirHogs Stadium (formerly known as QuikTrip Park) on Saturday and Sunday. The festival will feature lots of 10 year album celebrations as well as the best current popular bands in our scene! We are so excited about this. The Deep Ellum shows will feature intimate "secret shows" from some of our headliners as well plenty of other bands you'll be excited about!

A limited amount of early bird tickets will be on sale starting Saturday at 10am CST until Sunday at 11:59pm CST.

See you in March! #SOWHATMF10

9. kidinthebushes Nov 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

I really like this idea. It reminds me of Riot Fest back in 2012. The Offspring headlined a show at Congress Theater Friday and then the other two days were outside at Humboldt Park. Three full days outside is just too much for me now.

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This sounds cool. I'll probably try to check out the stuff on Friday. Even one full day outside is a lot for me, but we'll see who's playing.

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Oh, btw. PHASE 1 ANNOUNCE IS NEXT WEEK. You're not ready! Limited early bird tickets on sale at 10AM tomorrow morning! \m/ #SOWHATMF10

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted

13. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Hell yes. Looking forward to this. Hoping they get some great bands.

14. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I have high hopes for this. Lots of great potential for 10 year album tours next year.

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

What's coming up. I know Circa and ABR are doing theirs, but they both already have Dallas dates booked.

16. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I'm purely speculating, but these are all albums that turn 10 in 2017 that I could see happening and would fit at this festival.

The Devil Wears Prada - Plagues
    Enter Shikari - Take To The Skies
    Relient K - Five Score And Seven Years Ago
    Four Year Strong - Rise Or Die Trying
    Suicide Silence - The Cleansing
    Amber Pacific - Truth In Sincerity
    The Used - Lies For The Liars
    Darkest Hour - Deliver Us

17. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I'd add Bayside's Walking Wounded and Mutiny! To that list.

18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

TDWP or Darkest Hour would be cool.

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

So I did a little research and here are some more albums that turn 10 in 2017.

Not sure how realistic some of these are, but I can hope, right?

Parkway Drive - Horizons
    Whitechapel - Somatic Defilement
    Every Time I Die - The Big Dirty
    Between The Buried and Me - Colors
    Born of Osiris - The New Reign
    Oh Sleeper - When I Am God
    Paramore - Riot!
    Fall Out Boy - Infinity on High
    A Day To Remember - For Those Who Have Heart
    Silverstein - Arrivals and Departures
    Chiodos - Bone Palace Ballet
    Funeral For A Friend - Tales Don't Tell Themselves
    Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light
    The Red Chord - Prey For Eyes
    Haste The Day - Pressure The Hinges
    Architects - Ruin

20. meggers

Trusted

[​IMG]

Passes are now $149 for all 3 days.

21. kamzarro

Really surprised to see the Friday Night Boys on that list. I wonder if they'll do a tour.

22. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I wonder how of these bands will be playing full albums.

23. kamzarro

We The Kings - "We The Kings", Mayday Parade - "A Lesson In Romantics", Set Your Goals - "Mutiny!", and Four Year Strong "Rise Or Die Trying" are pretty much givens IMO. Maybe DGD and ETID as well?

kidinthebushes likes this.
  24. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Remember when the dude from FTSK was charged with selling fake Rolexes? They are still around?

kamzarro likes this.
  25. kidinthebushes

Trusted

They took a break. I think Warped Tour 2013 was one of the last tours they did.

kamzarro likes this.