Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Snowfall (FX) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 28, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

premieres July 5th

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm super interested in this based off the sheer variety of TV spots I have seen on FX. I saw a spot that really made it seem like a gritty The Wire-esque show, scenes from the streets and a dark overall trend. But then I also saw a way more Wolf of Wall Street / The Big Short style upbeat colorful spot that really showed an entirely different angle of the show. Curious to see how this comes out

3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

This looks really good

4. irthesteve

Starts next week!

5. Very excited for this. The spots during Fargo got me super interested.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Tonight!

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  7. irthesteve

oooh gotta set my DVR!

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Definitely watching this tonight.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Looks good

10. Anthony_

Damn FX gets away with a lot these days, huh.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I DVRd, how was it? Little disappointed in the critics reviews. Last I checked it was like a 55% on Rotten Tomatoes.

12. Probably gonna have to wait until tomorrow to check this out. Girlfriend fell asleep and if I watch another show without her, she might take my head off. Hahaha

13. Anthony_

I thought it was good. It moved pretty slowly and basically spent the whole time introducing the main characters (although Emily Rios' Lucia was barely in it, despite ostensibly being one of the three leads of the show). The kid who plays Franklin is pretty great already, though; might be worth the time just to watch how he develops this character.

14. Enjoyable High

That last episode laid down three really good plotlines: 1) how will those Isreali cocaine barons get revenge on the bytch nightclub owner who had the guy beat up and their coc money stolen?
    2) how will the mexican drug lord find out who the killers were of his brother--no doubt he will zero in on the lady and guy who are the subordinates.
    3) who is going to rise up and take leadership of the south central drug cocaine industry now?
    lookingfwd to weds episode

15. This show has a lot of the makings of a show I'd really like but for some reason just isn't really clicking with me. Can't really put my finger on why.

Tbh I'm kinda confused about the whole Teddy and Alejandro storyline. Having trouble figuring out exactly what's going on there.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I just hate Teddy, he's so annoying and arrogant, the Franklin and Lucia storylines are much better

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. This week was probably my favorite so far, a little bummed to say I feel like that's still not really saying much. At least the trend is upward though!

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

trevorshmevor likes this.
  19. irthesteve

I've watched the first 4 episodes, but I might be throwing in the towel. It's far, far from bad. But for hour long dramas, I feel like I really have to love them by this time and I don't know if I'd get there with this one

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

back in July

21. soggytime

Trusted

Currently on season 2. I was not into the first half of season 1 at all but it picked up. I’m really liking this a lot