Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Snapchat Company

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by arewhyayein, Nov 29, 2016.

1. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

Snap Inc. is now (has now) been a thing. I've been a big supporter for years. I just drove to their NYC 5th Avenue location yesterday and stood in line for 7 hours for Spectacles. (don't do it, the ONE vending machine inside is painfully slow...)

If you're not into the style of the physical sunglasses then don't get them, but I have to say they're pretty fun for a first generation product. I would consider myself to be a "moderate" snapchat user. Things like HD video transfers are a bit clunky right now (it's SD/ pixilated without wifi), but the 360 degree video is very cool, as is the ability for hands free video.

Music related: I'll always be that 6'3" guy blocking your view by (mostly being tall, but also) holding up my phone for a 10 second video at a concert, if you were thinking these might change that I doubt it. They'd work much better at an outdoor festival, lowlight videos are pretty poor right now from what I've seen.

Also -- follow me @ redding.ryan and share your username if you care to.

I'm definitely curious to see if anyone else has gotten their hands/ face on some Spectacles and to hear what you think of them.

2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious