Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Snail Mail Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 1, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

jesus

2. cwhit

algae likes this.
  3. cwhit

signed to matador

algae and Joel like this.
  4. algae

Regular Prestigious

Snail Mail go off! Hope we get it this year

5. cwhit

definitely 2018.

i imagine it'll come out in april or may, basically matador's car seat headrest (in terms of hype) of 2018

algae likes this.
  6. algae

Regular Prestigious

:concerned:

so far away, I haven't caught them live yet though. most of the dates that have come by have been opening for larger bands and was hoping to see them headlining at a smaller space but thinking about heading to the date with beach fossils cuz im not tryna wait till 2018

7. cwhit

i'm up to 5 now, should have been more but my successors at the radio station missed out on opportunities to get another huge band in before they blew up...

i'm wondering when i'd be able to convince ray to give me a peek at the record, haha

algae likes this.
  8. algae

Regular Prestigious

That NPR description irks me for some reason

Thinning is probably my favorite song of all time though, helped me through one of the hardest months of my life

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

The Beach Fossils show they’re opening tonight sold out before I got tix and I’m crushed

10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Shit, I was on the verge of tears when they played Thinning tonight lol

algae likes this.
  11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

She also said something to the effect of “sucks these won’t be out forever” when she played some new songs.

12. cwhit

i'm still guessing may, pretty much the same release schedule as car seat in 2016

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Playing some shows with Ought next year

03-06 Montreal, Quebec - Fairmount Theater ^
    03-10 St. Louis, MO - Off Broadway ^
    03-11 Kansas City, MO - The Riot Room ^

Toronto is in between there and has no opener listed. Really hoping they get added.

14. cwhit

they're playing toronto with lomelda on january 23rd

15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Oh sick! I did not know. Maybe they'll get added after that show. Wouldn't make sense for them to cross the border for only an MTL show on this tour.

16. cwhit

i'm not too sure, they announced both the lomelda and ought dates today, guess we'll see soon but the ought routing/timing is very odd

brandon_260 likes this.
  17. cwhit

think the album is coming out march, a hometown headliner was announced then and i thought there'd be album news when i saw that announcement but nothing is on streaming yet...we'll see.

18. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I need it

19. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

They recently announced a show in Hamilton. They're also playing all the other Ought dates, so I'm guessing they get added to Toronto after the show next week. It's possible I'll see this band 3 times this year before March ends lol.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Was blessed with seeing Snail Mail, Ratboys, Stef Chura, and Lomelda this weekend. All were wonderful. I think Ratboys were my favorite, with Snail Mail so close behind. Snail Mail closed with an impromptu "Closing Time" cover, complete with Lindsey just humming half the lyrics. It was very fun haha

21. cwhit

such an amazing lineup i'm so jealous you got that

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I feel very lucky. Also Will from Car Seat Headrest played with Stef Chura? I don't know if he always does that, but I was very surprised to see him.

23. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

What was the merch situation like for Snail Mail/Lomelda?

24. cwhit

where the hell is this album!!!!

gonna see if I can get a sneak peek in march

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Lomelda I didn't get a good look at. I didn't notice until I was leaving that there was a separate merch area for them.

Snail Mail had some vinyl and a few t-shirts. I did see people with Lomelda vinyl, so I know they had that.