Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Snail Mail Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 1, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

2. chris

Trusted Supporter

every time I put this on I end up repeating Thinning like 10 times. Song has been hitting me hard lately

3. cwhit

so wild how big they're getting haha, my buddy is their drummer. I've like hung out with the whole band at shows and stuff

4. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

oh lmao I just made this same thread. I was into them before I went to Priests show but I've been obsessed since seeing them.

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Thinning low key one of the 10 best songs of 2016

6. cwhit

audiotree today woo!!!

brandon_260 and KidLightning like this.
  7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I had this sitting on my computer for a while and my sister was like "Joel u idiot listen to Snail Mail" and damn love this ep

any word on a full length?

brandon_260 likes this.
  8. cwhit

no clue, i'm not sure if they've even recorded, they might be trying to get a record deal first

i'm almost certain that we're going to get a record on merge that gets BNM next year

seeing this band get huge is so wild knowing the drummer for so long. great dude that's been in a bunch of bands since he was so young, he deserves this break

wish them luck on their 30 hour drive to LA today haha

9. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

The Pitchfork article from March said she was almost finished writing and arranging a full-length, so hopefully we don't have to wait all the way until 2018.

Joel likes this.
  10. cwhit

i think this is a march-may release next year. label announcement and maybe an early single in the fall but i think they're going to push this HARD at like car seat headrest level next year. festival circuit and all

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Snail Mail the GOAT

12. cwhit

13. cwhit

14. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

:~)

15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

KidLightning likes this.
  16. cwhit

holy shit

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I coulda sworn I posted my review of this here. It's a few months old and they since updated the website bc of hacking so it looks all fucked up so don't judge me on the two album art images lol. In case anyone is interested in reading...

NEW MUSIC ALERT: SNAIL MAIL – "HABIT"

cwhit likes this.
  18. cwhit

they did a tiny desk, coming soon

19. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Damn Tiny Desk is killing it this year

20. cwhit

album is done, i know that, i think we get label news in the next couple weeks. can't imagine an album out this year because they're going to want to hype it hard for end of year coverage next year

no clue what label though, i know they've had offers from pretty much every big indie label but yeah. they are going to be huuuuge next year. hometown show last night but more people were excited for them than they were for best coast lol

21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

She just posted big news coming soon

22. cwhit

yeah, that's where i took that from, haha.

23. algae

Regular Prestigious

Burnt myself out on the EP, can't for an album. Has anyone heard new tracks live yet or na

24. cwhit

yeah, few times. good, same realm mostly. lindsey called it a "rock record" but i didn't notice any sonic difference between new and old songs.

she played a new song for the first time solo last night, pretty song. gonna be a good one.

algae likes this.
  25. cwhit

the biggest upgrade for this album is definitely going to be production.