Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 3, 2016.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Those are the only 2 songs I ever come back to from that album, and it's very rarely.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  2. CSWAPPO

Regular

New WPC song! I actually really love it!

3. CSWAPPO

Regular

airik625 likes this.
  4. Ken Oct 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 2, 2017)
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I still get that infectious drum beat from 1979 stuck in my head every couple weeks... like right now. What a song.

coleslawed, CSWAPPO and truelovewaits like this.
  5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Ken likes this.
  6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

truelovewaits likes this.
  7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ahh I love Try, Try, Try.

CSWAPPO, NitrateDawn and cubsml34 like this.
  8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm enjoying this WPC record a lot more than I expected.

airik625 and CSWAPPO like this.
  9. CSWAPPO

Regular

I really dig it also! I'm glad it's not super electronic sounding like the future embrace.

suicidesaints likes this.
  10. manoverboard365

Trusted

This album is seriously so good! I've only listened through once but there wasn't a bad song on there. Gives me high hopes for the next SP album.

truelovewaits and CSWAPPO like this.
  11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

The man can still write killer songs.

airik625 and CSWAPPO like this.
  12. CSWAPPO

Regular

YEAH! Hopefully there will be another SP record....I read an interview the other day and he was saying that he almost lost his mind trying to write the last one....

13. NitrateDawn

Regular

Maybe that's why all the new SP music he's worked on since hasn't come out, maybe he's dissatisfied with it. There was the whole Day For Night album that was recorded the same time as MtaE, and the whole idea for the In Plainsong tour was that afterwards the band would record new music with JC.

So even though it's only been 3 years since the band's last album it's felt like forever lol

CSWAPPO likes this.
  14. razorburn

Trusted

15. CSWAPPO

Regular

It really does feel like it's been forever.
    Yeah, it's been a very long and confusing three years lol. there's this song he played at the SLC Vip that was sooo good! not sure what the name of it is...but he plays it in this video. it's the third song.

16. beachdude42 and CSWAPPO like this.
  17. CSWAPPO

Regular

truelovewaits likes this.
  18. Wish I could say the same about Tom's latest stuff... Siiiiiiigh

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

His interview on Howard Stern yesterday was really entertaining. Considering most interviews with Billy he seems really down, it was nice to hear him in a great mood. Also that Neil Young cover gave me chills.

SiriusXM Streaming Radio: Listen Now | SiriusXM Radio

20. CSWAPPO

Regular

Yeah....Atleast BC seems to have more of an argument to back up some of his bat shit crazy logic.
    Agreed. He sounds like he is really happy with the response of OGILALA. He seems like the fire has been lit up again! Couldn't be more stoked for him and whatever is next.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. NitrateDawn

Regular

Every new album since Oceania he claims gets the best response of anything he's done in 20 years haha

beachdude42, CSWAPPO and cubsml34 like this.
  22. CSWAPPO

Regular

He totally does...Which is stupid.

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

To be fair this is actually true for Ogilala. I haven't read a bad review for it yet.

CSWAPPO and truelovewaits like this.
  24. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

plus it's def the best thing he's done in at least 15 years

CSWAPPO and coleslawed like this.
  25. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Is it really that good?? I honestly haven’t paid that much attention haha, I’ve enjoyed a decent amount of newer Pumpkins stuff but this has flown under the radar for me.

CSWAPPO likes this.