Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Band • Page 49

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 3, 2016.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just came across this. Damn this rocks.
    I've warmed up to Zeitgeist more, but still these b-sides are so much better than basically everything that made the album.

2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Playing my Siamese Dream reissue 2xLP vinyl and goddamn it is incredible. I also temporarily forgot Silverfuck was on this album so I was in for a treat when that came on.

3. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I love how they structured that song. Drums are nasty.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I love most of Zeitgeist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tomdelonge and Orla like this.
  5. Gianni

Trusted

Needs to be on Spotify too. Get with it Billy lol

tomdelonge likes this.
  6. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

This sounds incredible just in terms of the mixing or engineering or whatever. I've seen a couple of these old AOL sessions from other bands and the instruments sounded pretty bad a lot of the time.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  7. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I still think if they recorded a full album in that era of "Superchrist", "As Rome Burns", "Gossamer" "99 Floors" etc it would've been among their absolute best. I mean those four alone are all-timers

but no! we got fuckin Teargarden instead. thanks Billy

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Agreed. I dont even think we'd need any more songs. Gossamer alone in 30 minutes long, just those four songs is more music than most full lengths lol

Rowan5215 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

“As Rome Burns” and “Gossamer” are both so good.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  10. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

iirc there's some versions that clock in around 12 that I preferred to the full beast, but its an amazing song anyway

when I put together a fake Superchrist-era album years back I think I mostly just used the performances from If All Goes Wrong, that was truly an amazing era

11. MexicanGuitars

The outro lyrics of Muzzle have given me such profound hope at my most depressed times throughout the years. I'm not sure there is a more beautiful stanza in all of music.

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

genuinely one of the best songs of all time and completely agree

Jim, MexicanGuitars and Onlyadirector like this.
  13. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

also the bass is ridiculous. that's the ideal bass sound right there.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  14. tomdelonge

Trusted

Probably my favorite pumpkins song

abw123 and MexicanGuitars like this.
  15. cherrywaves

Trusted

it's fucked up that the acoustic version of Mayonnaise isn't on streaming. gotta listen to my mp3s like a goddamn pilgrim.

16. MexicanGuitars

On IG just now Billy said him and Jimmy were talking this weekend about getting Zwan back together and doing some smaller shows. Except he wasn’t sure who else would be in the band besides them.

17. phaynes12

it isn't zwan without dave and matt, quit fucking trying

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

Who got MP3’s of the bsides from the Zwan singles

phaynes12 likes this.
  19. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

They played "Quiet" for the first time since '94 at Riot Fest. I'd assumed they dusted it off years ago considering Billy's no stranger to playing deep cuts. My introduction to several Siamese Dream songs was the Vieuphoria VHS and I remember "Quiet" melting my 13-year-old face off the first time I watched it.

20. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

I'm always a little hesitant to self promote but hey I turned 33 today and recorded a cover of Thirty Three to be a nerd about it.

21. cherrywaves

Trusted

Listening to the Zwan record for the first time in years. Arguably the start of all Billy Corgan records having shit production, but it’s good for sure. Is that a Swervedriver reference in “Settle Down”?

22. phaynes12

i love the first one. pajo and sweeney’s guitar parts meld with his style so well. i refuse to listen to the new one

23. cherrywaves

Trusted

They might be able to sell me if Paz is involved but I’m guessing it’s a glorified solo project

24. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

This is really great. Happy Birthday!

Surfwax likes this.
  25. abw123

Trusted

New one???