Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Band • Page 46

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 3, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh i'm not arguing about Darcy's contributions at all! I was just genuinely confused cus I thought it was from the SD page. I know absolutely nothing about who recorded what on any Smashing Pumpkins records - I didn't even realize Siamese Dream came before Mellon Collie which was part of my confusion here so thanks for clarifying.

(Mellon Collie is the only album by them I've spent any significant amount of time with, otherwise I just know some songs here or there.)

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

:-|

3. NitrateDawn

Regular

beachdude, Mcrx and manoverboard365 like this.
  4. manoverboard365

Trusted

The fans who hate the synth rock direction are gonna loveeee Wyttch.

5. This band has the most stacked lineup and this is what they’re putting out? Haha

6. NitrateDawn

Regular

New songs out today! I’m holding off since the album is only a week away but I’m curious what anyone thinks of them

Mcrx likes this.
  7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"purple blood" is v solid. "dulcet in e" is like... in the tradition of "owata." kinda zwan-y in mood. you'll either be down or you won't

NitrateDawn likes this.
  8. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

kinda feels like this album's gonna sound monotonous, like i have no allergy to dark synth-pop but the textures and melodies of most of the preview tracks don't vary much and kinda blend together. maybe hearing the whole thing will change this, idk

9. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Hmm. Pretty uninspiring stuff. The heavier guitar parts of Wyttch are pretty cool I guess.

10. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i will say "cyr" the song hell of grew on me, kind of a jam

jkauf and Mcrx like this.
  11. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

and i really love the chorus of "dulcet in e" lol, when i described it as zwan-y i knew i would succumb

12. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i take it back! i loaded every song that's been released so far into a playlist and i actually love it???? i don't get what's happening in "confessions of a dopamine addict" but otherwise every track rocks

tomdelonge, beachdude and NitrateDawn like this.
  13. manoverboard365

Trusted

I enjoyed Purple Blood, no so much Dulcet.

These songs have been very hit or miss for me. I really liked Anno Satana, Cyr and Colour of Your Love. Wytchh and Purple Blood are enjoyable. But the rest I'm fine never hearing again.

14. NitrateDawn

Regular

The 8 I’ve listened to have all been super growers (possibly with the exception of Confessions of a Dopamine Addict, still not crazy about that one). I really wonder how I’ll feel about the album a week from now vs. a year from now

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

I need to take back my last comment, I'm actually starting to really like Dulcet in E.

Mcrx, beachdude and unbornwhiskey like this.
  16. Mcrx

Regular

I kinda liked Wytch, iirc, and I listened to the two newest tonight. I'm not hating those, but they aren't spectacular. Like, there's a nice mellow vibe, but doesn't give me goosebumps. Know what I mean?

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Where a heart like mine belongs.

I've had the hook to Dulcet stuck in my head all weekend. Wasn't expecting that one to grow on me so fast.

NitrateDawn likes this.
  18. NitrateDawn

Regular

So pumped

Mcrx, mattylikesfilms, bd007h and 5 others like this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

OMG finally!

mattylikesfilms and bd007h like this.
  20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Machina 1 & 2 is some of the best SP work ever. I would argue Machina II is the stronger of the two as well so I’m stoked for it all to be officially released in 2021.

Mcrx and NitrateDawn like this.
  21. NitrateDawn

Regular

So this thread has been completely dead since the album came out... lol. What are peoples’ thoughts?

For various reasons I’ve only just now been able to listen through it a couple times and I really think it’s a great album that’s only going to get better with time. I completely understand the resistance to this style from older fans of the band, but this is easily the most adventurous project they’ve released since the original incarnation. I was worried about Billy producing but I think he did a great job, the production is miles better than SaoSB Vol. 1. For sure my favorite release since Oceania and I could see this potentially topping that in time. Even singles I wasn’t too keen on like “Confessions” and “Ramona” are really growing on me.

beachdude and Gianni28 like this.
  22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

check out the devoted album thread! where i agree with you

23. NitrateDawn

Regular

Didn’t realize that existed, cheers!

24. NitrateDawn Dec 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 14, 2020)
    NitrateDawn

Regular

Anyone happen to have the files for the American Gothic EP and/or G.L.O.W. and Superchrist they’d be willing to share? I bought them like 10 years ago on my brother’s now defunct iTunes account and now my iTunes won’t let me play it on mine. They don’t seem to be available for purchase anymore

25. cherrywaves

Trusted

I gotchu, I’ll send them within the next day or so