Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 3, 2016.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also should add that they have a lot of great b-sides that are criminally underrated. Let Me Give The World To You (the adore outtake is my favorite but the machina II one is great too) is one of my all time favorite SP songs. Whir is another b-side gem.

cubsml34 likes this.
  2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Geek USA falls just outside of that for me. Zero has a lot of sentimental value to me: it's the first Pumpkins song I ever heard during the Hullabalooza Simpsons episode haha

3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

How many bands would kill to put out a record as good as Pisces Iscariot?

coleslawed and manoverboard365 like this.
  4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'm here for Geek USA, one of my favorite SP tracks, that song absolutely rips.

CSWAPPO and cubsml34 like this.
  5. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I stuck on Monuments today for the first time in a while, it still holds up very well. I think it's my fav post split album. I really hope we get some new material in the next year.

6. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I've only really listened to Mellon Collie... but I really like it. Supposed Siamese Dream is the next one I should listen to?

CSWAPPO likes this.
  7. CSWAPPO

Regular

I don't care what people say...Zeitgeist ruled! the guitar tones on that record are incredible. JC and BC were unleashed.

airik625 likes this.
  8. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

For sure

CSWAPPO likes this.
  9. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah definitely check out Siamese Dream next, it's an all time great.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  10. xoxoxoxoxoxo!

CSWAPPO likes this.
  11. CSWAPPO

Regular

It's got its good parts! I love Tiberius and One and All.

12. CSWAPPO

Regular

I hope the solo record holds up! The tunes they were playing on the Inplainsong Tour sounded awesome! I think he played a few songs that are gonna be on that solo record.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm really bipolar when it comes to Monuments for an Elegy. Its got some great melodies but most of the lyrics are painfully bad and the album is super short. And I can't stand Run2me or Dorian.
    Zietgeist wasnt as terrible as people make it out to be but the mixing is just so bizarre.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah Cardinal Rule was so good. Excited for the studio version.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  15. CSWAPPO

Regular

YES!! I'm so stoked to hear the studio version of that! I hope that Spaniards get a studio version also!

16. CSWAPPO

Regular

Absolutely. The lyrics were terrible on MTAE. I also really hate Tommy Lee. The Dude's kind of a tool...

bradsonemanband likes this.
  17. NitrateDawn

Regular

Monuments is a really strong record. I can kind of ignore the lyrics not being very good. The only one where it bothers me is Dorian, which oddly enough is musically one of my favorite songs on the album. I'm so curious what happened to the follow up album that they recorded at the same time that appears to have been scrapped, especially because Billy was saying things like it's their most musically different record since Adore. Really hoping we get some new music from the Pumpkins soon.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I remember Billy saying Monuments was for the heavy riff fans, and the second album was for the radio friendly fans. He kept saying the album was coming out at the end of that year and was gonna be called "Days for Night," and then one day he started denying he ever said that and would get angry when interviewers would ask about it haha

CSWAPPO and truelovewaits like this.
  19. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

I really like the Zwan record

I bought it used on cd for like $3 sometime in high school and I've never understood why people thought it was a joke, always felt like that was a great find

CSWAPPO and coleslawed like this.
  20. razorburn

Trusted

Jimmy shines on that album.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  21. manoverboard365

Trusted

I thought that Zwan album was awesome. I was lucky to see them live in the brief time they were a band.
    I think that Zwan album is the best thing Billy has done post-2000.

CSWAPPO, coleslawed and Surfwax like this.
  22. Paul Beaumont

I really like Monuments. Couple duds but for the most part I really think the songs are great.

CSWAPPO and truelovewaits like this.
  23. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

One and All is great. Love the riff so much.

CSWAPPO and manoverboard365 like this.
  24. CSWAPPO

Regular

Yeah, He seems to have a hard time finishing projects he claims to start. I was really stoked for the Teargarden Project....And that for some reason just stopped happening. I think I remember him saying that some of the songs off the Teargarden project were being dissolved into MTAE and Day and Night.

25. CSWAPPO

Regular

Happy Thursday everyone! Here is a killer video of Thru The Eyes Of Ruby. VIBE ON!

ugman_2000 and cubsml34 like this.