Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Band • Page 39

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

same except there are days it’s Adore & then there’s days it’s Machina

NitrateDawn likes this.
  2. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Here are some very informative threads on Reddit about what the band are working on currently!

Shiny and Oh So Bright Vol. 2 and 3 (2020):

Machina Reissue (2020):

3. NitrateDawn

Regular

Also true haha

4. CSWAPPO

Regular

Also Side note: Adore sounds so incredible on Vinyl. highly recommend listening to it on vinyl if possible.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  5. Mcrx

Regular

Shashashashashashaaame :P

Love For Martha! Took me awhile to actually listen to it though. I know it's about death, but when I heard it I was losing a friendship and I kinda think of that. That some day we'll meet again or something.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

"For Martha" is fucking incredible. I also have such a soft spot for "Tale of Dusty & Pistol Pete", that vocal melody is my shit

7. tomdelonge

Trusted

Damien and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  8. tomdelonge

Trusted

also the full band version of Stumbleine from 98 is like ahhhhhergrefsdzc the best thing

9. Crisp X Jan 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 26, 2020)
    Hmmm Machina is already my second favorite album. Didn't expect the heavier sound at all, and I feel like this one must have influenced many bands from our scene. I should try the rumored original double album tracklisting once I'm done with Machina II.

edit: Or not particularly from our scene, I'm now thinking of early The Boxer Rebellion due to the guitar tones and tuning, and American Hi-Fi 's Fight The Frequency.

tomdelonge and MexicanGuitars like this.
  10. chelsealouanne

Regular

This was just shared from Howard Stern's YouTube channel. Some good commentary before the performance, too.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  11. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

JC continues to mesmerize on the skins.

12. chelsealouanne

Regular

The guy doesn't even have to try; he does it so effortlessly!

beachdude likes this.
  13. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the adore-era shows are so incredible

Orla and tomdelonge like this.
  14. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Billy would punch me in the face after about 28 seconds but oh how I'd love to sit in a room with him and a guitar and say "play that bit for me?" on command haha.

15. CSWAPPO

Regular

Off topic question here. Just before Oceania was released, I remember that the band played a few shows where they unveiled some of the new songs on the record. They had the option to buy a USB stick loaded with the audio from the show. I bought the Denver one and it is mind blowing. They did this insane arrangement of Silverfuck that went into I am One, and Superchrist briefly. Did anyone on here buy any of those recordings? I really want to get my hands on them but cannot find them anywhere.

16. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

17. CSWAPPO

Regular

Man I love that website. I've been sifting through there and I can quite seem to find the ones I am looking for.

18. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Shame you can't find the ones you're after. It is a great site that, I've found a few gigs I've been to in the past on there.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  19. tomdelonge

Trusted

currently hooked on Zwan. so many nuggets in the live shows. Why/howhowhowhowhow wasn't this on the record!?!?!?

Orla likes this.
  20. abw123

Trusted

The Zwan album is so great. Does he have any plans to ever release the supposed 50-60 songs they recorded but never released?

21. tomdelonge

Trusted

CSWAPPO likes this.
  22. NitrateDawn

Regular

Yes, Billy's planning on releasing tons of unreleased Zwan stuff. Who on earth (including Billy) knows when that will be though haha

beachdude, CSWAPPO and tomdelonge like this.
  23. abw123

Trusted

I need Zwan and Machina reissues.

Orla likes this.
  24. MexicanGuitars Feb 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 1, 2020)
    MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Was at this record store today straight browsing and then the clerk put on Gish. Immediately walked over to the S section and found the Gish, Pisces, and Siamese re-issues, and picked up the latter lol.

Had been meaning to get Pumpkins on vinyl for the longest time and figured this was about the best opportunity to do so.

Edit: Ffs there were two Disc 2s and no Disc 1! Ugh.

25. CSWAPPO

Regular

They are saying that 2020 will bring a new release from them today on twitter. Really wanting to get my hands on the archives they have been talking about since they rebanded.