Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Band • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 3, 2016.

1. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i was thinking more along the lines of "who can deny an album with 'porcelina' and 'ruby' on it"

beachdude, Rowan5215 and CSWAPPO like this.
  2. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I always thought it was a fairly even split of people loving SD and Mellon Collie. Both are incredible pieces of work. Personally Mellon Collie just edges it for me.

beachdude and CSWAPPO like this.
  3. chelsealouanne Feb 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2019)
    chelsealouanne

Regular

Oh yeah, if you're more than a casual fan, fans have those as their top MCIS tracks! That's what was great about those being back on Shiny tour.

beachdude, CSWAPPO and unbornwhiskey like this.
  4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Mellon Collie and Siamese are honestly tied and I can never choose one

5. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

How is SHINY holding up for everyone? I still dig a few of the tracks but I don’t return to the album very often.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  6. Billy got his Gish guitar back! Did you seeee??

7. CSWAPPO

Regular

I super feel bad...But I haven't even listened to it since it was released. It's just too confusing for me at this point for some reason. I suspect it will come back into my life at some point. I still love the band. Just not totally in love with this release from them.

8. chelsealouanne

Regular

I haven't returned to it much recently, not that I don't enjoy the album, just I usually play it during my SP kicks.

It's a story that teaches you to never lose hope in anything!

9. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I'm not a hardcore SP fan or anything so I didn't know the backstory besides hearing him say it got stolen on his rig rundown. Crazy that he got it back now. He looked so happy! Haha.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  10. NitrateDawn Feb 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 28, 2019)
    NitrateDawn

Regular

It's definitely the SP album that I have the least desire to experience as a full album. I still put on With Sympathy, Travels, and Silvery Sometimes pretty frequently though

CSWAPPO and inwaves like this.
  11. Yeah same. I just saw the video pop up on my youtube feed, and watched it and was pretty amazed!

CSWAPPO likes this.
  12. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Haha EXACTLY what happened to me. Then I got recommended the song "Unititled" from their youtube channel later which I'd never heard and I loved it so it was a real win win!

13. chelsealouanne

Regular

Untitled is a top tier SP song for me! I love the video, as it may seem not like much, but at the time it was as they geared up for calling it quits in 2000.

14. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Yeah it's instantly in my top SP songs. I liked how the vid had a couple of tiny clips from an acoustic MTV performance from the early 90s which I remember playing to death when I first found it on youtube like 10 years ago. For big fans the vid must have been nostalgia/heartbreak overload at the time.

CSWAPPO and chelsealouanne like this.
  15. manoverboard365

Trusted

It's been months since I've returned to Shiny. I listen to With Sympathy every now and then, though.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  16. chelsealouanne

Regular

One of my favourite SP performances is Cherub Rock (also my favourite SP song), from that acoustic MTV set!

CSWAPPO and Preserved Moose like this.
  17. CSWAPPO

Regular

I'm excited to see if he can summon the spirits of Gish with this guitar on whatever Shiny part 2 holds. Probably won't change anything but it's cool from a guitar players perspective.

18. chelsealouanne

Regular

NitrateDawn and CSWAPPO like this.
  19. CSWAPPO

Regular

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. chelsealouanne

Regular

Not the latter (yet)!

CSWAPPO likes this.
  21. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

With AFI wtf holy hell

22. NitrateDawn

Regular

According to BC’s insta they’ll be back in the studio next month so that’s good news. Wasn’t expecting it so soon

23. @CSWAPPO If they play SLC again I bet the show would be at the Complex. Don’t you think? Since Vivint sold so poorly last time.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  24. CSWAPPO

Regular

That'd be so sick! In the bigger room most likely.

25. CSWAPPO

Regular