Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Band • Page 35

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 3, 2016.

1. chelsealouanne

Regular

I know that one has been a joke on Billy's IG Q&A's, but I'd be more than surprised if so.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I agree with Steve, it would have really helped the album sales if it came out before or during the tour. Hell it probably would've cracked the top 10 if they did one of those Ticketmaster deals where you get a free digital download with every ticket purchase.

Also the only late night promotion they did was Solara on the Tonight Show and that was back in June. They really should have performed Silvery Sometimes on one of those shows in the weeks leading up.

Steve_JustAGuy and CSWAPPO like this.
  3. NitrateDawn

Regular

They’re playing some late night show, I forgot which one, in early December. We’ll see if that does anything for them

CSWAPPO likes this.
  4. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I was initially a little disappointed with this, but with repeated listens, I think Silvery, Travels, Marchin' On, With Sympathy, and Seek and You Shall Destroy are really great and worthy additions to the catalog.

5. NitrateDawn

Regular

For me the rockers really weigh the album down. I’ve come around big time on Marchin’ On, but Solara and Destroy sound like Zeitgeist rejects IMO. Not bad but sort of generic rockers. Everything else I’m coming to love. With Sympathy is worth the price of the album alone.

I also think the reason this is currently ranking so low in their discography for me is because with so few tracks, stuff like Solara and Destroy being meh has a much bigger impact than it would on a 12 track album.

Have to reiterate though that I love it, as with most everything the Pumpkins do haha

CSWAPPO likes this.
  6. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'd still rank this above Zeitgeist and Monuments.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also I forgot to mention I have an extra download code for this. If anyone wants, PM me.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  8. manoverboard365

Trusted

CSWAPPO and beachdude like this.
  9. CSWAPPO

Regular

Also this. He should have had the backup singers on Kimmel....

10. chelsealouanne

Regular

I loved that whole KROQ set.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  11. CSWAPPO

Regular

I like it! I wish they would have played Heavy Metal Machine for this one. Apparently the did a really cool arrangement of it for that holiday show.

12. chelsealouanne

Regular

That's one I wish they brought back early on for this whole Shiny era! (It's one I have yet to see live, and one of my must-see's still).

CSWAPPO likes this.
  13. inwaves

Dang, Travels is a good song.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  14. CSWAPPO

Regular

I wish there was an studio version of this song somewhere.

15. NitrateDawn

Regular

Wow, never heard that one before. I think that's the only non-album song from the Monuments era I've heard tbh.

There's so many songs, particularly from the post-Zeitgeist era, that I really hope studio versions of exist. Really curious when they'll start "unloading the archives" haha

CSWAPPO likes this.
  16. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Any updates on Machina II? I don't have social media anymore so I'm not sure if Billy has said anything or not.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  17. CSWAPPO

Regular

No updates as of yet. I think BC was saying that they were re-recording some stuff for the Machina II that needed to be re-recorded.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  18. CSWAPPO

Regular

RIGHT!? I always get the chorus stuck in my head.
    There is a full band version that it really cool also! There used to be a BBC HD youtube video of it but I cant seem to find it...

19. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Ah okay, thanks! I can't wait.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  20. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’ve been a pretty casual fan for a long time, but have been playing Siamese Dream a TON these last few days. Definitely gonna explore their discography more.

Preserved Moose and CSWAPPO like this.
  21. inwaves

Siamese Dream is perfect.

22. chelsealouanne Feb 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2019)
    chelsealouanne

Regular

My favourite Pumpkins album. and one of my Top 5 albums of all-time. (Check my avatar, it's from the Siamese Dream era!). It's untouchable for me, and while everyone says Mellon Collie is their masterpiece, Siamese Dream is their masterpiece. It is what put them on the map. I also recommend watching their Metro 1993 show on YouTube. Never gets old. Enjoy the rest of your listening! It will not disappoint you.

beachdude and inwaves like this.
  23. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

who says mellon collie is their masterpiece? bc i'd disagree with them too, both adore and siamese dream are better and less exhausting.

though i'd agree with anyone who argued that mellon collie contains most of their greatest songs

beachdude, coleslawed and CSWAPPO like this.
  24. chelsealouanne

Regular

Most everyone I see online, some casual (fans that only care for SD/MCIS), some people at shows. I just feel it's the fan favourite. And yes, I have to agree there BWBW, 1979, Tonight Tonight, and Zero are all top tier songs and again, ones fans want to hear, which I feel is why some claim it SP's masterpiece.

beachdude, unbornwhiskey and CSWAPPO like this.
  25. NitrateDawn

Regular

I'd call Gish through Machina masterpieces tbh but Mellon Collie is my favorite album of all time