Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Band • Page 31

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 3, 2016.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Yeah I enjoyed it

CSWAPPO likes this.
  2. Jim

Trusted Supporter

i wonder if we get it tonight on Spotify/Apple

CSWAPPO likes this.
  3. Maddy

Regular

I realllllly hope they tour again....so mad I missed this one

CSWAPPO likes this.
  4. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Billy has indicated in his Instagram story that this is only the beginning. I think you’ll get a few more chances.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  5. That clip sounds awesome

CSWAPPO likes this.
  6. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I like this so much more than Solara. Really digging the album title and artwork too.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  7. Jim

Trusted Supporter

CSWAPPO likes this.
  8. CSWAPPO

Regular

Upon further analysis, I can confirm that this song is still awesome! haha
    Also it sounds like Zwan and OWATA! It's got that vibe.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. you getting the vinyl deluxe box?

CSWAPPO likes this.
  10. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I’m prob gonna be out of the county but I wish I could have gone to the Aragon show. I hope they play all deep cuts for everyone.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  11. CSWAPPO

Regular

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Never noticed this mini doc they put on youtube

13. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Hey this is the most I’ve enjoyed a Pumpkins song in a long ass time.

14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

i want to pre order bc this song fucking rules but im scared ill get burned and the rest of the album will suck

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  15. radiodead

Trusted

Solara is pretty solid so I have hope the rest of the album will at least be that good or better. Wouldn’t be totally surprised if Silvery Sometimes is the best song on the record. But shit I’m gonna soak this song in for now.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just got an email from Spotify about an exclusive clear vinyl pressing, limited to 1000. Pulled the trigger almost instantly.

With shipping it came to $31. Hate paying that much for an album, but I'm sick of always missing out on these cool variants lol

17. Jim

Trusted Supporter

i grabbed the clear as well. im such a fucking sucker.

18. chelsealouanne

Regular

While I like the song, and it's getting rave reviews, I may like Solara a bit more!

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

I feel like when Solara first came out I had to convince myself that I enjoyed it. Honestly the live version does slay, but the track itself doesn't really do too much for me.

20. chelsealouanne

Regular

That's like the total opposite of me! haha. I feel like after a few listens more I'll be more on board with Silvery.

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Silvery Sometimes reminds me so much of the Rick Rubin produced "Let Me Give the World to You" which was scrapped from Adore. That's probably my all time favorite Pumpkins song. Never understood why they didnt put that on the album and/or release it as a single.....would've been a great follow up to their Tonight Tonight/1979 run.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i don't think it would've been a hit and it definitely would've been tonally inconsistent with adore but i agree that he should've put it out anyway, not that anyone really did stand-alone singles then

23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

sweet baby Jesus this song is great. Teargarden done properly/well

CSWAPPO likes this.
  24. CSWAPPO

Regular

It'll be good! I have faith that this is gonna be a highly collectible record. I picked up that deluxe box set. I also saw that the Clear variant sold out? Congrats to everyone who snagged that one!

25. NitrateDawn

Regular

Really great interview, lots of stuff here to make me excited about future releases