Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Band • Page 30

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 3, 2016.

1. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Every time any of you bump this thread to talk about how great the shows have been it gets me super hyped for London in October.

Glad you’ve all been having an awesome time at these shows. Cool that they’ve recorded some of it, hopefully that’ll surface at some point soon.

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

So glad they filmed. This show definitely deserves a Blu Ray/DVD release.

3. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Hoping to see Billy show up at the All In wrestling show tomorrow

4. CSWAPPO

Regular

Shit guys! Tonight I get to see SP!

5. Shit guy! Me too!

6. CSWAPPO

Regular

7. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Stoked for you guys, have an awesome time you two.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  8. Don't tell us what to do!!!

(jk jk.. I'm excited. I'll be looking down at Swappo from the nosebleeds, but we will both be deep in the SP vibes together.)

9. CSWAPPO

Regular

Did they say anything about upgrading your ticket to the lower bowl? The lower bowl looks like a ghost town lol

beachdude42 and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. chelsealouanne

Regular

So excited for everyone going today! Look forward to your reviews. I truly wish this tour didn't have to end; my show already feels a lifetime ago, but it was a show I will never forget.

11. CSWAPPO

Regular

Gosh me too! It makes me sad that there are only like 4 shows left of this. I'm also so excited to see what happens next!

beachdude42 and GEM37 like this.
  12. CSWAPPO

Regular

WHAT A NIGHT! The spirit of Sp was alive and well last night.

Smashing Pumpkins came through Salt Lake city last night and 'Blew us all away' (Hey! That's a pun!)

But seriously, last night was absolutely stunning! such intense visuals! From the moment they started it was just a roller coaster of emotion for me and my wife. Disarm choked me up so hard! The videos from his childhood added sooo much weight behind the lyrics. it just felt so heavy!

Billy's vocals sounded the best that I've heard in years, live. I've seen them 6 times and he has never sounded as good as he did last night. The only song that he kinda went a bit out of key on was Ava Adore, Which I think he was doing on purpose?
    I also think that Billy should be banned from only holding a microphone....He's just so awkward sometimes!

I love the three guitar thing they have going! Everything sounded gigantic when they all found the pocket! Porcelina and the vast oceans was a total ripper! I also think that they really need to start playing more songs off Mellon Collie. It would be mind bending with three guitars!

It was so awesome to see James on stage with them! I never got to see them with James, so it was very bittersweet! I love it when he talks to the crowd cause he sounds like all my Asian american family when he gets excited.

I loved the part of the set where they played For Martha and To Shelia. It was almost as if they dropped an anchor on all of us and we all just sank to the bottom of the ocean. Everyone just shut up and embraced the vibe, which was great!

Also, fuck being forced to sit in a seat on the floor the entire time. I sat next to this old stinky dude that was looking ebay the entire show. I tried to move up towards the front barrier cause people got out of their seats and hanging out on the rail and this security guard punched me!

13. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

my second cousin and his wife were at the salt lake show too!!! i'm so glad you had a great night

CSWAPPO likes this.
  14. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

also AGREED

CSWAPPO likes this.
  15. CSWAPPO

Regular

16. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I noticed that too at my show, but he looked like he was having so much fun that I just laughed it off.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  17. manoverboard365

Trusted

They just posted a snippet of the new single!

Maybe I'm just a total fanboy, but this 15 second clip has got me excited.

18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

whole thing was premiered on bbc 6

prob my favorite song billy's released since oceania, it kicks so much ass

19. CSWAPPO

Regular

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

20. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Oh wow, I love that song.

CSWAPPO and beachdude like this.
  21. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

BBC - iPlayer Radio

I don't know if you can listen outside the UK but the new song is at 1hr 53mins 35secs here. P cool song.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  22. radiodead

Trusted

Whoa. That’s like.....the best Pumpkins song in ages.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  23. Jim

Trusted Supporter

i like this

24. CSWAPPO

Regular

WOW! It's really good! Sounds just like all the stuff on Tear Garden by Kaleidoscope but way better!

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yes this song is friggin' awesome!

Also nice info dropped during that.....looks like they're ditching the 2 EPs thing and going for a full length album coming in November.