Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Band • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 3, 2016.

1. brendanmachow

not a doctor

Watching Jimmy slay the song makes it all worth while. My father and I bonded over that song. One of his favorites and mine.

Probably my favorite Pumpkins track.

chelsealouanne likes this.
  2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I’m still absolutely dead from Monday’s show and the weekend so I’m glad I didn’t chance a second show

3. MexicanGuitars

786C0282-5210-429C-A76A-2F3A56A52EB7.png

Attached Files:

4. NitrateDawn

Regular

I’M FREAKING OUT 93B66FD8-074D-48E8-9C1A-80C0A3FD2A11.png

5. manoverboard365

Trusted

FUCK YES!

I'll lose my shit if they remaster Machina 2 and include it as well.

inwaves likes this.
  6. NitrateDawn Aug 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2018)
    NitrateDawn

Regular

I remember way back when a Machina remaster was being talked about BC mentioned resequencing the two albums together as they were intended, or something along those lines. So I always assume a Machina reissue includes Machina 2 as well

7. ugman_2000 Aug 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2018)
    ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

That’s great news, been wanting that to come out for ages.

Yeah Billy’s always talked about that in the past when it comes to the machina 2 remaster. Hopefully he still has/can get hold of the M2 masters to do it justice. Anyways M2 songs or not that’s a day 1 purchase for me.

8. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i've never been totally certain how billy's going to creative a cohesive experience out of the two records without some rerecording (machina was never completed i.e. they never actually recorded all the songs billy wrote, which is why machina ii is from an entirely different recording session for the most part), so i'm... curious, and very excited

9. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I guess now he owns Machina it's easier for him to justify getting back in the studio to re-record some parts if he wanted to/needed to. Definitley curious to see how this ends up. I'd be happy with just a straight up re-issue of Machina at this point (but would definitley like to see it reimagined in how Billy originaly wanted it if possible).

10. Jim

Trusted Supporter

my fiance just texted me out of the blue "Man I want to see the smashing pumpkins again"

this is among my favorite texts she's sent me tbh

11. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

same, jim's fiance

beachdude42, coleslawed and Jim like this.
  12. MexicanGuitars

“Do you, Jim’s fiancé, really want to see Smashing Pumpkins again?”

“I do”

“I now pronounce you husband and wife.”

13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Tickets are only $30 with fees for their show here tomorrow, but I just got an invite to go hang out on a boat and surf all evening, which I’ve been waiting all summer to do. Maybe I’ll compromise and make everyone listen to SP on the boat.

14. NitrateDawn

Regular

467B4DF6-51AA-46DC-B1A9-13881EE8E805.png

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Here's to hoping it's better than the first one!

16. pbueddi

Trusted

Did he scrap the follow-up to monuments to an elegy?

17. NitrateDawn

Regular

Yep. Don’t remember why other than just maybe him losing interest or it not coming together the way he hoped. Really hope we get to hear the material one day though

beachdude42 and pbueddi like this.
  18. radiodead

Trusted

We bought the $20 all in seats for this up in the nosebleeds. Snuck down in between Metric and SP and grabbed amazing seats off to the side on the first level. They were incredible.

19. aerials

Oh, I didn't know there was a group of huge Pumpkins fans here. Hey, all! They've been my #1 artist for about 18 years now. Saw them for the fourth time in July; best show I've ever been to, for any band.

Couple comments on the last few posts...
    In a later instagram post, Billy says that "Untitled" (from the Rotten Apples greatest hits disc) was slated to be the Shrek song. I can see it. "Untitled" is such a great happier-sounding song, and has always set up a logical path to Zwan.

Also, about the Machina I/II remasters... Billy once said (maybe 5 years ago now) that he wanted to re-record a lot of it with other artists adding vocals, to make it a true rock opera. Honestly, I doubt that's still his plan. But I'm excited to know he's past the legal obstacles that were holding the Machina remasters back in general.

Also, he recently posted on Instagram that he's developing plans for "vinyl archival releases", to possibly include The Chicago Songs, one or two albums of Djali Zwan archival material, and more unreleased stuff. I can't wait to hear that Djali Zwan material.

20. Jim

Trusted Supporter

IMG_1061.jpg

21. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Hell yes

22. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Caught the show in LA last night... it was fucking fantastic! The music was on point and the stage production was beautiful and interesting. My wife and I were blown away, and she's not even that into them. The crowd cheered LOUDLY for JC when they introduced him. Brought a huge smile to my face.

23. chelsealouanne

Regular

The LA shows were being recorded, so I look forward to what they do with that!

24. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I noticed that! That's a much better way for me to relive the show than the minute long shaky iPhone videos I usually take.

chelsealouanne likes this.
  25. chelsealouanne

Regular

You can bet! Linda Coloma, who did the production, did an extraordinary job with the visuals, so I don't expect anything less with the footage from the LA shows and how it will be shared!

beachdude42 and LightWithoutHeat like this.