Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Band • Page 19

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 3, 2016.

1. CSWAPPO

Regular

Every time I've seen the SP I have always felt like the opening acts have been weird....BUT I'm stoked to see Metric! I love Emily Haines stuff. Especially Broken Social Scene!!

2. DooDooBird

Trusted

I’ve been listening to an obscene amount of pumpkins lately. Feels like once every 5 years I try my hardest to get into the post Mellon Collie stuff and I just can’t dig it like I want to.

I wanted to try and give Zeitgeist another chance, but it’s nowhere to be found on Apple Music.

inwaves and CSWAPPO like this.
  3. CSWAPPO

Regular

Adore definitely wore on me overtime. I recommend a rainy day for that one. ;-)

I loved Machina 1.
    Didn't care much for Machina 2.

Loved Zeitgeist! (Youtube it)
    Loved Oceania And Teargarden stuff.
    Hated Monuments to an Elegy.

4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

don’t listen to zeitgeist without the bonus tracks, especially “death from above,” “stellar,” and “ma belle,” they’re the best songs from the whole project

the first volume of teargarden is pretty worthless imo, the second is pretty ok, and oceania + “lightning strikes” is the absolute peak of sp mk 2. monuments is obv solid singles + filler but i really like “tiberius” and “anti-hero” anyway

5. NitrateDawn

Regular

I love every Pumpkins release, to varying degrees. I guess I can understand not liking Monuments because it's very different from the more grandiose works of SD and MCIS, but I think it's basically a great collection of singles.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  6. Horrorca

Trusted

Adore is my fav so...

CSWAPPO likes this.
  7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

adore was my first favorite album of all time and was also my first tattoo

CSWAPPO likes this.
  8. Horrorca

Trusted

what’s the tat?

CSWAPPO and Larry David like this.
  9. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Hoping for Apples + Oranjes

unbornwhiskey and CSWAPPO like this.
  10. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

oh i just got "adore" in the album font tattooed on my wrist. only picture i have of it is slightly obscured

[​IMG]

11. CSWAPPO

Regular

I Should clarify that I just didn't enjoy Monuments as much. It's not that I hated it....It just didn
    That is sooooo cool!

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  12. Horrorca

Trusted

sick tat!!

unbornwhiskey and CSWAPPO like this.
  13. DooDooBird

Trusted

I have to say Machina 1 is my favorite of all the releases after Mellon Collie. Besides about four tracks, I can’t get into Adore at all. There’s something about Chamberlin’s drumming that makes the pumpkins records better for me.

ugman_2000 and CSWAPPO like this.
  14. manoverboard365

Trusted

A New Jersey show was just added to the tour, being labeled as a special "30th Anniversary Show." Apparently there will be more openers in addition to Metric at this show and feature new production and a special setlist.

Very tempting......I'm going to the NYC show the night before, but if this one is promising to be a unique show compared to the rest, I may have to call out of work and do both.

bradsonemanband and CSWAPPO like this.
  15. CSWAPPO

Regular

Yeah man! I'm thinking about driving down to Vegas to see them and then seeing them again in SLC

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

You think they'd do that in Chicago as well hmmmmm

CSWAPPO likes this.
  17. manoverboard365 May 29, 2018
    (Last edited: May 29, 2018)
    manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah the whole thing is strange, especially since its out in the middle of nowhere at a venue that has a really tough time moving tickets (no public transportation nearby and its like 2 hours outside NYC). Also, all that info was posted on BrooklynVegan, but I haven't seen the Pumpkins themselves make the announcement.

EDIT: Nevermind, SP just made a post about it on their facebook page. Sounds like this won't be the only special 30th anniversary show.

18. CSWAPPO

Regular

Looks like they just confirmed it!

"The night will be filled with special guests, a career-spanning set list, never before seen production, and more surprises from this momentous performance under the stars. This memorable show will be part of a limited series kicking off on August 2nd in Holmdel, NJ at PNC Bank Arts Center. Tickets on sale Friday June 1."

19. chelsealouanne

Regular

I just don't understand the concept, because isn't that what the Shiny and Oh So Bright tour is all about?

CSWAPPO likes this.
  20. manoverboard365

Trusted

I love how the show is being advertised as "under the stars," even though 80% of the venue is covered haha

CSWAPPO likes this.
  21. CSWAPPO

Regular

Maybe this show will include some of the Post Machina (Zeitgeist-MTAE) stuff? I wish I lived closer, I'd totally buy a ticket to this.

22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'm with you. I don't mind additional shows, but what sets these apart? haha

chelsealouanne and CSWAPPO like this.
  23. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I’m still sat here like “Announce UK/Euro Dates”

upload_2018-5-29_20-31-45.jpeg

CSWAPPO likes this.
  24. chelsealouanne

Regular

They're basically doing the same thing twice, and I'll be upset if they put more effort into these additional shows.

25. CSWAPPO

Regular