Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Band • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 3, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Nashville date is on a Friday. Might just be able to make that work. Hopefully tickets aren’t outrageous.

2. brendanmachow

not a doctor

Price on Ticketmaster estimates they'll be between $35-185.

3. Jim

Trusted Supporter

so what you're saying is im spending $400 on two?

worth it.

4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Spending $50 w/ SC to see the Billy+Jimmy Pumpkins play 75% old stuff on a beautiful night outdoors three years ago was an absolute great deal. Knew at the time, know it even more in retrospect.

5. manoverboard365

Trusted

The great part about that tour was, if I recall correctly, Jimmy Chamberlin didn't announce his joining the tour until well after tickets were on sale.

The End Times tour followed by the InPlainSong tour a few months later was too much SP goodness for me to handle.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  6. The venues seem pretty large for this.

7. cherrywaves

Trusted

My first thought. Like, House of Blues is probably a bit small but they’re closer to that size than the friggin TD Garden

kyle likes this.
  8. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I'm interested to see the role out of promotion. I think Billy is finally understanding that to be relevant he has to embrace the past and not look at it as something hokey.

Those records are still great and I was really surprised at how many were looking forward to this announcement.

9. It’ll be interesting to see if they can sell the tickets - I personally don’t think it’ll happen. A HOB venue would have been great.

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

I don't know about the whole tour, but I think they'll have no problem selling out in LA and NYC. I know for NYC when they came for the InPlainSong tour they did three nights at a 3k capacity venue and sold out all three. Throw on the bill that its the OG Pumpkins and are exclusively playing songs from their 5 biggest albums....they'll sell out an arena easily.

11. MexicanGuitars

Chi too I'd think being the hometown show.

12. chelsealouanne

Regular

13. airik625

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Urghhhhhh wasn't this supposed to go on sale at 10am?? I rearranged my whole work schedule to make sure I was at my desk for this. Now my dates goes on sale at noon and I have a meeting then......do I risk looking like a fuck up and show up late?

.....yeah, that's what I'm gonna do.

15. MexicanGuitars

i still haven't decided if i'm getting tix to this lol

16. NitrateDawn

Regular

Same, unless they're somehow a really good price. Like I've said before in this thread, I wasn't around for the original band and James as a guitarist isn't terribly exciting. I'm always way more interested in new music than tours anyway.

Speaking of which:

airik625 likes this.
  17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Its not so much James' return that excites me, it's the sets/production of the show. Songs exclusively from the first 5 albums plus a stage production that Billy promises to be "broadway-esq" has got me really intrigued.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  18. NitrateDawn

Regular

That's fair. I'm also the kind of fan who gets disappointed when they don't play their new stuff haha

19. airik625

I’d be down for 2 new EPs.

20. chelsealouanne

Regular

You got your priorities in order! I heard some cities are noon and some are 10. Mine was. So, I had to go to work an hour and a half early ONLY to have the worst ticket experience of my existence. I settled for Row 6.

21. MexicanGuitars

Got tix, prob super far up since the people I'm going with wanted to go cheap but really I just wanna be there.

22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

did msg sell out immediately :\

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

Fuck fuck fuck.

I got stuck in a meeting. Got to my desk at 12:03.....all MSG is sold out. Can't get a pair.

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

I seriously can't believe this. They sold out MSG in 3 minutes. FUCKKKKK.

I really hope they announce a second night immediately. Otherwise I'm gonna do something stupid and buy tix on stubhub for like $500 each.

25. MexicanGuitars

I am absolutely shocked at that.