Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Small Towns Burn A little Slower

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GrantCloud, May 27, 2016.

1. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

These guys broke up some time ago but they are reuniting for two shows this weekend for a benefit. pretty pumped as Mortality As Home Entertainment was a big influence in what I listened to growing up.

2. WHAT?! When and where dude??

Edit: just found the details. Wish I knew about this sooner.

3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah to be fair i honestly didn't know about it until a friend told me earlier this week that he had an extra ticket, so i jumped on it. haha.

4. Listened to Mortality as Home Entertainment for the first time in like 5 or 6 years today. Such a fun record, dated as it may be

GrantCloud likes this.
  5. So Begins..is still great

6. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

This thread is really taking me back to those Purevolume/Myspace days. Cool to see them play some shows again. I'm curious how their music holds up today. It's been a long time since I thought about, let alone listened to this band. I don't mean that as an insult either. It's just been so long and I'm not from MN.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  7. We had a good little scene going back in the mid 2000’s here. We gave the world Motion City, which I’ll always be happy about

trevorshmevor and CarpetElf like this.
  8. Michael Schmidt Dec 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 28, 2017)
    Michael Schmidt

Didn't you guys have Four Letter Lie that went on to send ADTR a guitarist and the drummer went on to do some DJ thing that has some traction? Their album What A Terrible Thing to Say fit nicely with that Underoath Define the Great Line sound. Obviously, you guys have The Replacements, Husker Du, The Weakerthans, Dillinger Four, Off With Their Heads, and Banner Pilot. Minnesota is underrated in music for sure. I'm sure I'm leaving others out.

9. Holy shit I haven't thought about Four Letter Lie in a while. Yes, I believe their drummer became Mod Sun. There was Sing It Loud too which I was never a fan of. We produced a ton of shitty scene bands, I'm sure. Weakerthans are from Canada AFAIK but hell yes to Dillinger Four.

AND PRINCE!

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  10. Michael Schmidt

Oh yeah, they are Winnipeg. Not sure what I was thinking haha. I blame Justin from MCS for getting me to think that.