Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slowly Bringing Back Album Review Favorites

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

I wanted to quickly draw your attention to our review section. Over the next few weeks we’ll be slowly adding in some of our favorite reviews from the past and, of course, expanding it outward with new reviews as well. Yes, I even brought back some of my old reviews from way back in the day.1

1. Please don’t hold those against me too much!

The post Slowly Bringing Back Album Review Favorites appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Heck yeah! Bring them all back B-). I don't remember if your Dog Problems review was out before it leaked and they ended up selling it early, but I definitely bought that album based solely on your enthusiastic recommendation. So glad I did.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. GooberSandwich

Regular Supporter

I like the layout. The album art is purrty. Will the page just list album reviews as they're posted chronologically?

4. Currently, yes. If you have something else you'd be interested in, let me know though!

5. GooberSandwich

Regular Supporter

I actually quite enjoy this in terms of keeping track of reviews that are posted on the site. It's easy to know what I last read and everything after that I've yet to check out.

I'm curious if artist profiles will return (or maybe they have and I haven't discovered it within the new site.) I always found those useful for linking to album reviews for a specific band, or just news posts in general.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. They're now basically known as "tag pages" - an example:

Jimmy Eat World • chorus.fm
    Brian Fallon • chorus.fm

And they do the same thing - pull in all the information about artists and all that. Less filled out at the moment, but as time goes on, they'll be a really cool resource I think.

7. GooberSandwich

Regular Supporter

Ohhh ok I get the gist of it. Neat. Thank you for enlightening me :thumbup:I love everything about the new site so far! I can't wait to see how things flesh out

8. Of course. Happy to help! Haha, I've lived with it for a few years now so I know kinda how it all plays together, and it totally makes sense that it takes some time to get it! Thanks for giving it a try and checking it out.

GooberSandwich likes this.
  9. GooberSandwich

Regular Supporter

So, for example, I have posted an appreciation thread for Sainthood by Tegan and Sara. How do I properly tag that post so that it properly shows up when people search for Tegan and Sara? Or is the search engine limited to retrieving results from specific members?

10. I renamed it for you to fit into the same format as the rest. It'll show up on the forum search in about 1 minute, but it won't show up on the "content" side (no http://forum. at the start of the domain) quite yet (I do have a plan to link to discussion threads on those tag pages in the future).

There we go, searching for "Teagan and Sara" shows ...
    Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 12.15.31 AM.png

Also, great album.

11. GooberSandwich

Regular Supporter

Alright! I see how it works. Thank you for taking the time to spell it out for me haha :-)I'm happy to hear you appreciate the album as I do. "Someday" will be one of my anthems until the day I die

12. No problem at all!

I'm really looking forward to the new one too.

13. GooberSandwich

Regular Supporter

Agreed. Heartthrob was a magnificent shift towards mainstream-ish pop-indie mentality, and any slight variation on that sound will most likely draw me in. I'm certain that these ladies won't do me wrong.

14. younglikeme

ii // YLM

One of the first things I did when it converted over was go look for the reviews & I was so stoked to see your Midtown review up there, as I have vivid memories of reading it many years ago & can say it certainly helped prime it to be one of my favorite releases that year (& maybe, all-time).

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

Looking through those reviews now...has your opinion of Riot! changed since then?

16. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Jason, will you be archiving any of the old AbsolutePunk exclusive content such as interviews, reviews, thread discussions? I feel so lost now that everything is just gone...

17. There's a footnote in that one now. I agree with some of the music stuff, but hate the phrase "guiltily pleasure" and am mad I used that argument.

Penguin likes this.
  18. Some reviews and interviews will be added, some already have been actually.

19. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I do recall not liking Jason for a bit after that review.

20. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Super cool - I love seeing these. I don't read reviews as much as I used to but they can still occasionally sway me to check something out if I'm on the fence about it

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

@Jason Tate Is there a way to become a fan of a band like there was on AP.net? Or maybe subscribe to all news and features about a certain artist so that I get notifications when something about them is posted?

22. Not in the 1.0. It's something that's probably coming though in the future - the "my news" stuff was very heavily requested.

23. :redanger:

It's really a pretty positive review! It's also wrong in many places, but I said good things! :teethsmile:

St. Nate likes this.
  24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Love how that footnote looks/works

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

@Jason Tate Can we bring back Thomas' Neighborhoods review? Please? Complete with a 'Highly Recommended' status?

St. Nate likes this.