Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

slo/tide – “Neck High”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

slo/tide, the indie project from Underoath’s Spencer Chamberlain has released the new song “Neck High.”

Three time Grammy-nominated and RIAA Gold-certified Underoath frontman Spencer Chamberlain is unveiling "Neck High," the debut track from his alternative/indie leaning project slo/tide.

Teaming up on songwriting with alt darlings Sir Sly, slo/tide pulls from a unique blend of influences from acclaimed indie peers fused with the spirit of his hard rock roots to create an impressive body of work that is at once enlightening and arresting.
    At times an instantly-listenable perfect poolside soundtrack channeling the classic alt-pop stylings of Foster The People and Tame Impala, while at others diving into dark layers of musical experimentation a la Pink Floyd and Radiohead, slo-tide’s new single should impress both long-time fans of Chamberlain and a whole new audience who are about to discover their new favorite band.

Stream 'Neck High' on DSPs: https://orcd.co/me1ke7o

Of "Neck High", Chamberlain comments, "I’ve been writing music since I was a kid and 9 times out of 10 it’s not the heavy music the world knows of me. slo/tide was an idea I started in 2015, but the songs started coming together in 2019-early 2021. "Neck High" was created after jamming with my friends in Sir Sly for over ten hours - the last song I wrote before the pandemic and the first taste for the listener to see how the other side of my brain works. In this song I’m singing to myself in a hopeful tone about how no matter how bad things seem, I’ve always found a way to swim through it. So here's "Neck High" - I hope you enjoy it.”
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Quite the change of pace, but I like it. Curious to hear more.

beachdude likes this.
  3. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Excited to hear the album

4. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I wouldn't haven been as surprised if I had read he worked with Sir Sly on that. Sounds interesting all in all!

5. Freezon

Regular

Kind of sounds like a typical singer “side project” to me. But we’ll see as more is released.