Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind (August 9, 2019) Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, May 16, 2019.

1. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

the image this conjured up needs to see the light of day

FTank and chewbacca110 like this.
  2. tomtom94

Trusted

The major thing, for me, that differentiates this record from the previous three is that they have definitely dialled up the weird again (but without losing the hooks).

kyle, angrycandy and chewbacca110 like this.
  3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Make America People = Shit Again

4. owenlongsworth

Regular

Since CD stickers have always kind of been an indicator of future singles, the sticker on the CD says “featuring Unsainted, Spiders, Nero Forte”

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Listened to this earlier, and thought it was really good. Haven’t listened to new Slipknot since AHiG, but Weinberg does p good on this

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The one thing I find really odd about this is the record scratching stuff. Hearing it on a record like this feels so out of place. It feels like the remnants of a time I don't care for in music.

7. tomtom94

Trusted

Would make sense for Nero Forte to be essentially the Killpop of this record

chewbacca110 likes this.
  8. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

yeah this is great

9. JM95

Trusted

The melodies feel so much better than the last two albums.

10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The way the “Not Long For This World” chorus melody resolves is *chef’s kiss*.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  11. radiodead

Trusted

This is my first Slipknot record. I like.

Henry likes this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

If this came out immediately after Vol 3 I think the general perception of Slipknot would look a lot different today.

This record reminds me of ADTR in the way that, yeah, I know it isn’t groundbreaking, but it’s essentially pop songs disguised as metal, but they execute it flawlessly. I’m on Not Long For This World. Wow.

13. cherrywaves

Trusted

This is how I feel about his pseudo-rapping in some of the verses

disambigujason likes this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Man Solway Firth is fantastic. That little guitar twang throughout is nice

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Nero is #1 on liquid metal this week. Fuck yeah.

16. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

gonna drive around and check this out today im pumped

17. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

18. dotKev

@dotkevin

After several run throughs, I still think Solway Firth is the strongest song by far.

I'll be honest - it's been growing on me whereas The Gray Chapter was an immediate addiction. Not saying I dislike it by any stretch - Jay Weinberg stands out especially strong throughout this record - but I need a few more days with it before ranking it appropriately.

I'm definitely hearing way more Vol 3 than Iowa here, for whatever that's worth (not necessarily a bad thing).

amorningofsleep likes this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Vol.3 is their most underrated so that’s good

20. tomtom94

Trusted

It's interesting because I would agree with you except I hear more Iowa than Vol 3 (which I think was more prominent on Gray Chapter, e.g. AOV or The One That Kills the Least).

I think on my listens so far Gray Chapter has a stronger structure as an album but also more fluff than WANYK. And, on the subject of comparisons to that album - working with Greg Fidelman again was a *really* good idea.

dotKev likes this.
  21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Soooo liiiiike

NERO FORTE THOOOO

amorningofsleep and dotKev like this.
  22. cherrywaves

Trusted

Good record. I think what drew me to the first two records is how raw and unhinged they were, feeling like they could go off the rails at any moment. That being said they sound like a well oiled machine here, firing on all cylinders

amorningofsleep likes this.
  23. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

AOV gets me pumped so so much. Liking this more than Gray Chapter I think.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  24. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Nero Forte should get them from arenas and into stadiums. That chorus is a monolith.

25. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Corey is so on point on Solway.

angrycandy and Drew Beringer like this.