Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind (August 9, 2019) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, May 16, 2019.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Nero Forte is the best song they've ever recorded.

2. tvck

Trusted

Holy shit that bridge

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

That’s what I said!!

4. So prolly circle pit for Red Flag.

5. Listening to individual songs is helping it grow on me. Feels weird being excited about this band and Korn in a way that I hadn't been in fifteen years.

angrycandy and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  6. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

It’s been said but NERO FORTEEEEE

fredwordsmith likes this.
  7. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Put on the album this morning to go for a run. I always like experiencing their records in full when I'm doing something physical.

I almost had tears in my eyes listening to this song. Something about it made me fucking GASP. It was so brutal and beautiful and powerful.

Finishing the record now. Goddamn, the boys did it. They really did.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  8. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

They leaned so hard into actual melody. I can't believe they were this brave. They kept the brutality, but the hooks are titanic. I also know they'll never read this, but I'm so happy Chorus has a bunch of Knot fans and that we're all loving the record.

9. This is a very good Slipknot album. I would still probably rank it under Iowa and s/t, at least for now.

Henry likes this.
  10. owenlongsworth

Regular

Finally got around to listening to the whole album. This is, hands down, their best album. There’s so many things I thought while listening to it.

- Like everyone else has said, the hooks on this album are their best and the choruses are so damn huge.

- This album gives me huge Vol. 3 vibes the experimentation, and the experiments are executed very well on this album. Not that the don’t on Vol. 3, this is album is just on a completely different level.

- Jay’s drumming is absolutely phenomenal. I honestly don’t see Slipknot lasting another 10-15 years, so it’ll be very interesting to see where Jay goes from there.

- Craig & Sid - This is what the album needed, and is what the last 2 albums have been missing. Everyone on this album is going in full force and it sounds like 9 guys again. And great job on the mixing, doesn’t sound cluttered at all.

I’m going record shopping with a friend tomorrow, and I’m hoping one of the shops around here has this. Would love to listen to the vinyl with some good headphones ASAP. Absolutely floored by how great this album is. Which brings me to another topic of discussion.

In a recent interview, Corey said if for whatever reason, he can’t continue with the band, he gives them his blessing to continue onwards without him. This album shows what they can do with out Paul, Joey and Chris, and with the experimentation sonically, the masks & outfits, could slipknot be a band that essentially goes on forever?

Could there eventually be a point that it’s 9 guys on stage who weren’t on the first 4 albums? It’s a cool concept to think about. Slipknot becomes more than these specific people and it can go on forever.

11. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Just finished listening to this. I went in after reading comparisons to Iowa, but it definitely feels more like Vol. 3 to me. I think it’s good, but I’ll need to give it more listens to form a real opinion.

12. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I definitely think it's the hotter older brother of Vol. 3, but with the brutality in places of Iowa. Not that Vol. 3 is lacking for slaughter, but it's not as primal. I think Orphan and Solway Firth would both have fit right in on Iowa.

Vol. 3 is also my favorite by a considerable margin, so I'm thankful this is the path they're taking.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

agreed with all of this. Vol 3 supreme

14. Jackbo487

Regular

Not Long For this World is probably my No. 1, after about a dozen full listens. Critical Darling too. What a record.

15. Picked up the silver vinyl from FYE this AM

16. Found a first press of vol 3 for $100 today - hope it’s still there next week

17. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

So I am much more of a casual Slipknot fan (I'm very familiar with most of their songs that got a lot of mainstream exposure and I did spend a lot of time with Iowa after reading about the recording process) and I've been through this twice. I love it. Like, really, really love it. Songs like Spiders and My Pain ESPECIALLY. Are these songs way out of left field for them or are there other songs in their catalog that kinda go to these places sonically? I've seen enough mentions of Vol. 3 so maybe I should head there whenever I stop spinning this?

18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Definitely check out Volume 3 if you like this album. Similar range of dynamics of emotion, melody, and brutality.

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Solway Firth slaps, hard. I'm a metal fan, and have never been that into Slipknot, but this album goes hardddd; really dig it. I think I might actually purchase the CD too

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

"I'm all fucked up and I make it look good!"

chewbacca110 likes this.
  21. J12

Trusted Supporter

I haven't cared about Slipknot in well over ten years, but this is great.

22. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Is Slipknot going to unite the country with this album

23. I don’t get the love for Vol 3, I find it pretty boring.

24. flask

Trusted Supporter

63 minutes of Slipknot seems a little overkill but this does have some heat.

kyle likes this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I hope they unite us with a country album

estebanwaseaten likes this.