Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind (August 9, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, May 16, 2019.

1. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I haven't been this hyped for Slipknot in YEARS

2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't really cared about Slipknot since Iowa, but I'm looking forward to this. If the rest of the record is on par with Solway Firth, then catch me in the pit at the Dallas show.

kyle likes this.
  3. Jackbo487

Regular

godDAMN

4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

it is weird that “critical darling” is the best song i’ve ever heard

Jackbo487 and Drew Beringer like this.
  5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Confirmed for the Knot Roadshow in Tinley Park on Sunday. Excited that the album is out before my show so I can properly prep.

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

Birth of the cruel is fucking awesome. Can’t wait for Friday!

JM95 likes this.
  7. Noradrenaline

Regular

Holy shit. Nero Forte! What a banger. I'm getting strong The Blister Exists vibes from the breakdown.

8. JM95

Trusted

I think I might have to revise the first part of this at some point in the next few months. Wow.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  9. owenlongsworth

Regular

I was only able to get 4 or 5 songs into the album this morning, and it’s already WAY better than the last 2 albums. As soon as “Insert Coin” started, I felt an excitement that this band hasn’t given me since I was in middle school.

Their last few have just kind of felt like they lost the energy that the first two albums had. I used to absolutely love Vol. 3, but the production kills it for me now. While the last two have their moments, it also kind of felt like this band was on auto-pilot. I’m also loving how high in the mix the extra drums are. That’s another thing I feel like the last few albums lacked, they sound like there’s only 6 members in the band.

10. Noradrenaline

Regular

I think I'll always miss the chaos of the first two albums (even though I usually go with Vol. 3 as my favourite). But this is really fucking good.

11. Noradrenaline

Regular

Also, I thought that Solway Firth was a weird choice for a single at first, even though I love it. But when listening to this album for the first time I realized that it was a genius move. There are many parts on this record that feels like callbacks (backs? call-forwards?) to Solway Firth which made the first listen even more exciting.

solxace likes this.
  12. exactly - the energy from the first 3 albums is back on here and it's one of the best produced metal albums in a while

they absolutely knocked it out of the park

solxace likes this.
  13. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

still hopeful that bray wyatt's new theme is 'unsainted' from slipknot.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I feel old. What site is this even? When What died I gave up on leaks.

15. kingdom dash leaks dot com

16. Listened to this and didn't really get blown away outside of the few curveballs. Perhaps I need to be in the mood for them or I should've revisited their discography beforehand. Also, how does Corey keep sounding better with age

amorningofsleep likes this.
  17. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

*sigh* I miss What so much. Those were the good times.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  18. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Finally got a listen through. Definitely better than the last two. Nothing really that blew me away outside of a few rapid fire parts. I hate how any slow part just sounds like Stone Sour to me, but I've never really been a big fan of slow Slipknot stuff anyway.

19. sukottokairu

Regular

Critical Darling is my favorite on this so far, love the use of the low tuned guitars on this one

Rowan5215 and JM95 like this.
  20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

NOT LONG FOR THIS WORLD!!!!!!

21. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I know what you mean ofc but out of context this is funny to me lol. ONLY 6 members

22. yup that's the song I was talking about - and when he screams GOOD NIGHT GOOD BYE GOOD LUCK it's nothing but a GOON MANIFESTO (something like that) you can just feel the vitriol dripping from those lines.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  23. owenlongsworth

Regular

But for real, they could lose Craig, Clown and the other percussionist and it wouldn’t really affect them at all.

amorningofsleep and Rowan5215 like this.
  24. Sid and Craig kill it on this.

And Jay slaughters the drums - don't even miss Joey

Rowan5215 and chewbacca110 like this.
  25. owenlongsworth

Regular

Yeah, I was sad when Joey was booted, but then honestly forgot about him lol. Jay is amazing.