Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind (August 9, 2019) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, May 16, 2019.

1. tvck

Trusted

Man this was awesome to jam to while doing yard work in 100 degree heat today.

2. Cmoney86

Trusted

Slipknot scores its third No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart as the rock band’s We Are Not Your Kind bows in the top slot. The album earned 118,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Aug. 15, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 102,000 were in album sales.

JM95, dotKev, tomtom94 and 7 others like this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is the best Insta btw

ZooZooChaCha, JM95, Bane and 6 others like this.
  4. JM95

Trusted

Red Flag's probably my least favourite song on the album at the moment and it's still a banger.

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Definitely my least favorite as well. Don’t skip it though.

6. JM95

Trusted

It's alright as well because there's the interlude into Spiders straight after that and I get excited then.

7. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I love it but yeah it's still towards the bottom for me too. it's got a little bit of a punk feel to it

8. angrycandy

please don't hate me y'all but I just can't fuck with the chorus vocals to Orphan. it's just not for me

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

chewbacca110 and amorningofsleep like this.
  10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Also, Corey's song has some pretty good pipes

11. tomtom94

Trusted

If I had to label a guess I would honestly wonder if "Tortilla Man" is actually multiple people, and if the band offered famous musicians the chance to play a song/set with them as a laugh, similar to how I seem to remember Dave Grohl claimed to have performed live with Ghost once.

Otherwise I can only assume it's somebody not famous... Andrew WK would fit the criteria (and I could definitely see him doing it) except he has long hair doesn't he?

12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I absolutely LOVE that the Tortilla Man moniker has taken off.

13. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I still feel like it’s Zach Hill

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

amorningofsleep likes this.
  15. angrycandy

yeah seems like he’s the guy

16. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

17. amorningofsleep

Lol at this Reddit comment:

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Haha

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Ferrari333SP and amorningofsleep like this.
  20. owenlongsworth

Regular

When All Hope Is Gone was getting reissued, Clown mentioned that him, Corey, Jim & Sid recorded another album of weird stuff during the recording sessions. Didn’t know if they’d call it Slipknot or not. He said they had a room full of synthesizers, with drums and some other things. Said it’ll be released when the time feels right.

In a new interview, he said it’ll be released during this album cycle. 11 songs of weirdness that kind of shines a light on how the experimental wide of We Are Not Your Kind came to be. He thinks it feels right to release it during this album cycle.

21. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

whoa, do you have a link to where he said it's definitely getting released? The two songs they've put out from those sessions, aka "Til We Die" and "My Pain", are great

22. amorningofsleep

Rowan5215 likes this.
  23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

watching this old interview is so hokey lol

chewbacca110 likes this.
  25. TomG

Trusted Supporter

They’ve come a long way, Iowa really started taking them to a more “serious” place