Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind (August 9, 2019) Album • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, May 16, 2019.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

could be my second favourite too ("A Liar's Funeral" locked for #1 since my first listen lmao). I really missed Craig and Sid doing their thing on the last couple of albums and it's so good having that vibe back

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

“Liar’s Funeral” is that song

Rowan5215 likes this.
  3. Rowan5215

Corey's vox when the harshes kick in. some of my favourite shit he's ever done. especially that fourth "LIARRRRRR" when he growls it to start with and ends up with this black metal shriek

Ferrari333SP and angrycandy like this.
  4. angrycandy

never trust the one beside you
    you know just as much as I do

5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

A LOT of this album is about his divorce. Wowee zowee!

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Didn’t know that

7. Well that and it’s also inspired by a lot of today’s political climate

8. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

^^^ that's mainly what i picked up on

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I wonder if Slipknot are big enough yet to start doing stadiums, or will they need another album or two before they can start drawing enough interest to do those

10. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

astronoid completely rule

chewbacca110 likes this.
  11. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Slipknot are definitely one of the biggest bands in metal, right? Especially with an invigorated new album, I'm pretty sure they can play any venue they want at this point.

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I think Metallica right now are the only hard rock/metal band doing stadiums

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Setlist has no Nero and they aren't playing Wait and Bleed. Won't spoil more, but you can guess everything else they play.

14. chewbacca110

I want another tour but to play Chicago proper. Tinley Park is fine and dandy but I at least want an Aragon show.

15. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

16. Rowan5215

"The most curious mainstay are those turntable scratches, and while they flow nicely on the record, they do cast a harsh light on Slipknot’s missed opportunity to take advantage of metal and rap’s stronger alliance in 2019."

Eh... gotta disagree here. Whoever told Corey to stop the outright rapping after self-titled did Slipknot the biggest solid in their career, lmao. And he still brings a fair bit of hip-hop influence in the harsh vocal sections (e.g. Nero Forte chorus, Red Flag verses)

amorningofsleep likes this.
  17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

ridiculous paragraph, had they played up the rap they'd be getting clowned for it

v difficult to tell the difference between singing and spoken-word, i get it

Contender, chewbacca110 and Rowan5215 like this.
  18. Rowan5215

it's the only thing keeping s/t from being my favourite Knot. instrumentally that album slaps forever but the rap tracks are so bad and that's like a quarter of the runtime lmao

kyle and amorningofsleep like this.
  19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i love the rapping on the s/t (for one thing it's really well-integrated to the point where i couldn't tell you what the rap tracks are beyond "spit it out" and "liberate") but they were right to ditch it

Contender and Rowan5215 like this.
  20. Rowan5215

there's a 3-song run between Prosthetics and Scissors where it feels like it briefly becomes a rap rock album and I just cannot dig on any of those songs. Spit It Out is, admittedly, a banger tho

21. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

corey on a trap beat tho.....

Contender and angrycandy like this.
  22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

lol that's the part of the s/t where i always zone out (and why it'll never quite be my favorite slipknot record)

23. brad4846

Regular

So apparently Amazon is selling misprinted MOD CDrs. Never heard of this for a new release

24. angrycandy

Spiders is so good

25. chewbacca110

Big NIN feel on “Spiders” and I love it. I still can’t get over the “Not Long For This World” chorus melody.

Micah511 likes this.