Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind (August 9, 2019) Album • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, May 16, 2019.

1. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Nero Forte is good; great even, but I think ya’ll are exaggerating a bit. The chorus doesn’t elevate to massive heights, but it still works well with the song.

2. dotKev

@dotkevin

Hot take:

Critical Darling >>>>>>>>> Nero Forte

3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

The intro just gets me so fucking hyped haha

4. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

The chorus is actually my least favorite part.

Supernova likes this.
  5. Cmoney86

Trusted

It’s sucks they aren’t playing more off of this live. They are only playing unsainted and all out of life. It sucks we have to wait till next year to get a tour with them playing more off of this live

6. my 5 favorite songs are Not Long For This World, Solway Firth, Red Flag, Birth of the Cruel, and Critical Darling

I love all of them though - I've listened to this at least once every day for the past 45 days haha

7. Cmoney86

Trusted

Just got home from the Chicago show it was fucking epic and they played solway filth live for the first time ever

chewbacca110 likes this.
  8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I was there too! I was hoping for more new tracks since the album is out but their setlist didn’t disappoint.

9. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I kinda agree with this a bit but not with how its framed - I mean maybe ppl aren't exaggerating they just, actually like it that much. idk tho

I need some more love for "A Liar's Funeral" tho, absolutely colossal song right there. maybe one of my favourites they've done

mike1885, Mary V and cherrywaves like this.
  10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Tortilla Man is a true psychopath live. I don’t know who he is but he was going HAM all night in Chicago.

11. mattav152 Aug 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2019)
    mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Listened to this a few times over the weekend and I'm blown away. This is on another level compared to Grey Chapter and All Hope Is Gone. Orphan is definitely my fav track at the moment. I think its one of the best songs they've ever put out. Absolutely goes HARD. Liar's Funeral was also a very interesting song. At certain parts of that one I forgot I was even listening to Slipknot which is definitely a good thing.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  12. Rowan5215

whole thing is good but "Liar's Funeral" through "Orphan" is some unreal shit imo. yes I'm including "Spiders" cos it sounds like "Vermilion Pt. 2" mixed with the Halloween theme and I fuck with that a lot

13. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

this is their masterpiece.

angrycandy and unbornwhiskey like this.
  14. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

cannot get enough of this record

Ferrari333SP and Drew Beringer like this.
  15. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

[​IMG]

16. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I like this more than any Slipknot record other than Vol. 3, which is honestly the only other one I really like. I know, I know. So I really like most of the heavy songs. Spider is okay, My Pain is boring to me, and I really am not a fan of the :30-1:00 outro on almost every song. Trim the fat and this thing is a relentless 45 minute album that could be an AOTY contender for heavy music. Favorites are Nero Forte, A Liar's Funeral, Orphan, Not Long for This World and Solway Firth. So, half the album haha.

Also, have Code Orange toured with Slipknot yet? I feel like that should happen if it hasn't already.

17. They opened for them during an Europe tour last year or earlier this year i think

18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I personally like atmospheric intros

19. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Man, this album is the best they've sounded in a long time. Love it. Drums are the best they've been in a LONG time.

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Solway Firth is probably one of the top songs they've ever created

21. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

you misspelled Nero Forte.

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

That one is close behind

Micah511 likes this.
  23. OptionParalysis

Anyone else get major last of us soundtrack vibes from the ending of critical darling?

24. Rowan5215

"My Pain" underrated, it's such a cool little vibe and a great comedown after "Orphan" scorches earth

Drew Beringer likes this.
  25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This is actually my 2nd favorite track on the album, after Solway Firth; I just love the atmospherics and mood, the vibe it gives off. The intro portion reminds of the theme from the movie "Arrival", those faint "hmmmmm.......hmmmmmm...." sounds. From 4:17 on it gets really interesting too, the ambient sounds over Corey's voice, like he's leaving some kind of radio message.

Rowan5215 likes this.