Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sleeping With Sirens / State Champs / Tonight Alive / Waterparks Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Aug 15, 2016.

1. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Sleeping With Sirens:
    Do It Now, Remember It Later
    The Bomb Dot Com v2
    We Like It Loud
    Congratulations
    Here We Go
    Fire
    Go Go Go
    Gold
    Strays
    Kick Me
    Dead Walker Texas Ranger
    Tally It Up, Settle the Score
    Better Off Dead
    Don't Say Anything
    Crowd decides (James Dean v. Satellites)
    If You Can't Hang

Darth Annihilus likes this.
  2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I would have liked to have seen State Champs but I can't pass up Yellowcard.

3. michael_gatto

Trusted

Would prefer something like Little Violence or Made In America over Powerless, but either way I'm very excited to hear anything off of Double Dare live.

4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I feel bad because I love state champs, but their newest album has not gone over well with the crowds I've seen since it was released. They lost over half the crowd at the last show I was at with neck deep because only a handful of people even got into or knew the newer songs and they play so much of them now.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Every crowd I've seen has gone over better for the new songs than the old. They have the All Time Low style crowds now instead of TSSF style crowds though. I'm sure those kids didn't like the new album

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  6. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

^ Agreed, songs like All You Are Is History, Secrets, and Losing Myself have gotten the biggest reactions of their whole set the last few times I've seen them

7. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

pssst theirnewsongsarebetter

8. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I third this. Seen them twice since the new album came out and it was the same both times.

9. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I saw state champs play a floor show three years ago. I can't believe how big they are now/ how different their fan base seems to be.

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

All the other big pop punk bands go on tour together and State Champs opens for Sleeping With Sirens.

11. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Maybe Portland is just weird then hahah. I've seen them twice as well since it came out and when they were with neck deep they played last and about half the crowd left. At warped tour, the new songs were not as well received. I love the new album, it just seems like apparently other Portlanders are behind the times.

12. darkstorms139

Regular

Perfect Score got a good response as well the two times I saw it live, along with the ATWAB singles.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah SC just went the pop rock route ever since they opened for WATIC back 2 years ago. They've toured with All Time Low, 5 Seconds Of Summer etc type bands since then.

The only "pop-punk" tour I even remember them being on recently was their headliner with ND & KP.

I would even say ND is going that route

14. natesmith083

Regular

They opened for parkway and adtr earlier this year.

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's true but no one seemed to care about them.

16. natesmith083

Regular

Weird. We didn't have parkway at the show I went to and the crowd went off for them!

17. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Portland doesn't really go off for pop rock, there's a sizeable pop punk crowd though. Since State Champs new album was more pop rock leaning it makes sense that Portland wouldn't respond as well.

Compare that with cities like Seattle or Denver where there's a more sizeable pop rock crowd, State Champs and other pop rock leaning pop punk bands have far better reactions.

Signed, a dude in a pop rock leaning pop punk band based in Portland.

18. darkstorms139

Regular

I was at that same show if it was Silver Spring, crowd loved them.

19. natesmith083

Regular

Nah I was at the Grans Rapids show.

20. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The Finer Things is the better album, but ATW&B has a lot of strong moments that I love seeing live.

21. darkstorms139

Regular

Oh true. But having Parkway off those dates somehow got a better crowd for SC, I don't think I've ever had a bad crowd for all the times I've seen them. Even opening for ATL, they had a great crowd.

22. darkstorms139

Regular

Sorry for the repost. But I might be going Friday and I was originally going to leave before SWS but I'll watch them just to see both The Bomb Dot Com and Dead Walker Texas Ranger live.

23. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

I'll be at this show Thursday (Starland in Jersey) and next Wednesday (NYC). Anyone going to either? Find me and say hi!

24. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Anyone have set times for this?

25. xthisislove

Regular

Doors have been at 6 and a dj starts at 7!
    Dj- 25 min
    Waterparks- 25min
    Tonight Alive- 45min
    State Champs- 60min
    Sws- going to throw a guess at an hour and a half