Sleep Schedules

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by nothingsforeverdude, Apr 6, 2016.

1. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

talk about yr sleep habits.

mine is fucked. i sleep from midnight to 4am, then again from 7am to 11am. actually kinda like this tho because i end up super creative between 4 and 7am.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

In high school I functioned on an hour of sleep.
    In the Army, 5 was more than enough.
    Now, I can't even get started without 8 hours. There are days I just won't go into work until I'm fully rested.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

just a sweet sweet fantasy baby Prestigious

I don't get tired until like 1 regardless of how tiring my day is

I get 7 hours on work days, on weekends I can sleep until noon though

4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Sleep midnight-4am during the week, sleep in until 8am on sat and then on sundays I get 10 hours.

5. Lauren

Miss America Prestigious

I'm rarely awake past 10pm, weeknight or no. I get up at 4:30am for work (I live 70 miles north of my job), and weekends depend on plans for the day. This past weekend, I had zero going on, so I slept until almost noon both days. Whoops.

6. chris

Trusted Prestigious

In college I stayed up until 3-4am on the regular, just for no reason really. Now I rarely make it past like 11pm during the week. Also I can't sleep in, I don't think I have the capacity to. ~8am is the latest I'll stay in bed

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

about 12:30-7:30 on work days basically. so early compared to when i went to sleep before, haha

8. Iago

coming apart at the seams

I always fall asleep at any time between 10 PM and 12:30 AM if I'm just idling around at home (as I always wake up relatively early, so it's for my own good to not stay up too late). I wake up at 7:30 AM on the weekdays to catch the 8:30 bus. On Fridays, though, I can wake up any time before 9:30 AM to catch the 10:30 AM bus for drama club rehearsals, but sometimes I'll naturally wake up beforehand. On weekends, I can sleep until whenever I want, but I naturally wake up any time between 7 AM and 10 AM.

9. Wharf Rat

gonna make the mountains be my home Prestigious

in high school i basically did midnight-6am every day
    now i try to get myself to sleep by 8 hours before when I need to get up, but that usually ends up meaning I get about 7 hours, same on weekends and weeknight. and then once a week when i can't do that anymore I pass really early at like 11 or midnight and sleep 10 or 11 hours

10. troyplaysbass

reunion tour Supporter

Anything past 6:00 AM is sleeping in for me. I'm pretty much always in bed by 10:30 or 11:00 unless I'm out at a show, and I end up taking a nap after work a few times a week too.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I miss being able to wake up at 5:30 and being wide awake, ready for 10 mile runs. If I could work that into my daily routine again, I feel like I'd be a lot happier.

12. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

1:00am to 9:00 is typical for me, though sometimes 2:30 to 10:30 like this morning happens to me.

13. Mr. Dennis

On the Free from PSG

clicked on this hoping it would be about babies so I can get my 3 month old to stop waking up in the middle of the night.

For myself though, 9 pm +/- 30 minutes. Usually asleep within minutes until the alarm rings at 4:10.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  14. Why Bother?

Still bothering.

Just started getting up at 5AM to get a workout in before work because going after work suuuucks.

15. Kristen

Regular Supporter

I switched to working out before work too and I have to get up at 4 to be at the gym by 4:30 :tear:

Why Bother? likes this.
  16. Jacob

Untrusted Prestigious

When I was working full time last summer I'd fall asleep anywhere around 1-3 am and I had to be up at 5:30 am. I was basically a hungover zombie for a couple months. During school I'd generally be doing homework till 1am, after which I'd force myself to quit because my brain just doesn't work as well and I'll end up wasting time. Would fall asleep an hour later and get up when I felt like it (generally 11 hours later) -- I've missed quite a few morning lectures, but personally, I think lectures are outdated anyways. Nowadays the word "schedule" can hardly be applied to my sleep cycle. Two weeks ago I was getting up at 7am, now I'm getting up at 2pm.

17. Why Bother?

Still bothering.

Damn. 5 is already painful enough for me. How do yo do it????

But.. being free after work is priceless.

18. Kristen

Regular Supporter

I convinced one of my friends to start going with me and I pick her up on the way. This helps to prevent me from turning off my alarm and skipping like I used to do! It sucks though not gonna lie.

Why Bother? likes this.
  19. alex

notgonz Prestigious

I've been having a really bad problem with this the past few months, actually. Started keeping track of it this week:

•Sunday:
    7AM - 4PM

•Monday:
    4AM - 8AM
    5PM - 9PM

•Tuesday:
    7AM - 10AM
    3PM - 7PM

•Wednesday:
    5:45AM - 8AM (though I wasn't able to actually fall asleep)
    5:30PM - 6:30PM

20. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LGM Supporter

right now I'd say i get anywhere from 5-10 hours of sleep a night. It depends. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have class after 12, and Sundays I'm off, so I usually sleep in. Otherwise I get barely any sleep.

21. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LGM Supporter

If I was gonna map it out, it'd probably look like this:
    Monday/Wednesday: 2:30am-8:50am
    Tuesday:3:30am-1pm
    Thursday/Friday:2:30-11:30
    Saturday:1:30-8:30

22. ChiliTacos

Trusted Prestigious

During the week: 11-7
    Weekend: 12-9ish

of course weekend depends on if I'm out doing anything or not. Usually I tend to stay in though because I'm like that.

23. Jason Tate

chorus.fm @jason_tate @encorepodcast Staff Member

Wrecked. That's my sleep schedule. :sleeping:

Currently something like: 6-4. Nap 4-5. 5-2am.

Something about like that.

24. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Prestigious

jesus these are giving my anxiety.

if im not in bed by 1030 i start freakin out. usually sleep 1030-11 - 7am. if not i freak out.

ChrisCantWrite and ChiliTacos like this.
  25. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Went to bed around 3:30am last night. Woke up at 10am, promptly went back to sleep, then woke up again around 2:30pm. Lately, it seems like that whole cycle keeps getting later and later. When it does, I try to stay up all night and day to try and get it back to normal. I spent an entire week sleeping all day and being awake all night, so it doesn't always work out.