Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sleater-Kinney Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Rock band from Olympia, WA, featuring Carrie Brownstien, Janet Weiss, and Corin Tucker. They released No Cities To Love last year, a decade after The Woods.

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Sleater-Kinney is good

jordalsh likes this.
  3. good post good post

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

The best rock band that needs more attention

jordalsh likes this.
  5. Maybe my best yard sale find ever: A first pressing of The Woods on green vinyl for $2.

jordalsh likes this.
  6. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Have any of you read Carrie's book? Thinking of picking it up

7. I got about halfway through and then I got really busy with school, but I loved what I read. My sister finished it and also loved it

iplaydrums likes this.
  8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've been meaning to as well. It's on a long list of books I need to check out but I never read anymore

9. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I know she talks about being outed and I'm definitely curious to read about that scenario

10. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

I keep putting off buying it for money reasons but i probably should.

11. Saw them about a week ago and they were completely spell binding. Definitely among my favourite live performances. Also been meaning to pick up Carrie's book.

12. Sophos

Regular

they were the best set i saw at pitchfork fest last summer, i got super close to the front and they tore my face off. what a fucking band! "the fox" is one of my favorite songs ever

schlotty likes this.
  13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i'll be honest i've never listened to them unfortunately. making my way through their most recent now.

14. I watched that set on the live stream!! It was incredible from there, I can't imagine how it was up close

My sister went to three of the five holiday NY shows, including the smallest one. I was writing a huge paper and grumbling

15. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

my shitttt. so happy riot grrl has been making a comeback the last few years

16. wanielledalsh

Hunger makes me a modern girl

carrie's book is amazing. any fan of s-k should check it out. *spoiler* janet and elliot smith had a thing and it slightly discusses that.

LWS and TheWater(s) like this.
  17. the best fucking band in the world

saw them live this past December and it was the best show ever

wanielledalsh likes this.
  18. Horrorca

Trusted

the Woods is like top 3 guitar and drums and everything album yeah

R&R

jordalsh likes this.
  19. so excited to see them at riot fest

20. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

With the anger and frustration stemming from this election and this new administration, I've turned to this band amongst others to give me comfort.

21. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

So happy I got to see them at Riot Fest a couple months ago.

22. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

definitely agreed

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  23. my favorite set of the fest. amazing

24. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Up there for me. Played pretty much all of my favorites of their's and didn't miss a beat on any of them.

25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

When I listened to their first album, I knew that it was gonna be incredible because it sounded like Bikini Kill and I am not exaggerating when I say Bikini Kill changed the entire trajectory of my life in terms of how I viewed things and how I experienced them. Which is not to discredit S-K, that initial similarity enraptured me, but they definitely made me a fan on their own merit. They're vital

ChaseTx likes this.