Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sleater-Kinney - The Center Won't Hold (August 16, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 23, 2019.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Uh...well fuck:

2. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Damn that’s a bummer

3. fuck, nooooo

4. Janet's like, my favorite drummer on the planet. this is a real bummer.

it sounds like she has other things she needs to do though, which is understandable and I hope we see her do a lot more soon!

LWS likes this.
  5. Without Janet this isn’t sleater-kinney

6. the timing on this is super weird. i hope they're all good...

7. They just did an album together, very weird timing.

8. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I would speculate that things probably aren't good.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

people are blaming Annie which is lame but like I'm sure it's a weird dynamic when you've been friends with someone for decades and now they have a new friend with a new creative vision

jordalsh likes this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

cmon dude this is dramatic af and takes away from the work Carrie and Corin have done

Contender likes this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Idk to me people are reading way too far into this. She’s probably not enthused about her parts in this new direction and wants to leave the band. It happens, not every band members rocks with every change that happens when bands change their sound. Better to leave now than build resentment over the course of a tour and leave on bad terms

Mary V, ECV, Carrow and 2 others like this.
  12. glad i got to see them with her at least once at riot fest. still excited to see them in the fall but will be sad not to see janet on the kit

13. radiodead

Trusted

I think “The Future is Here” is phenomenal.

jordalsh likes this.
  14. I'm not taking any thing away from them - a band with Carrie and Corin is still an amazing band. But Rush isn't Rush if they don't have Neil Peart

Janet is one of the greatest rock and roll drummers of all time and it's not the same band. Still will be a great band tho with whomever they replace her with at drums

15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I don’t really fuck with that mentality. If Neil pert left rush and the remaining members decided to continue on as rush then it would obviously still be rush. Bands change and evolve and sometimes that means changing members, even long time members. They’re still the band they were, no matter how much entitled fans will say “this isn’t the real sleater Kinney” from here on out

CoffeeEyes17 and radiodead like this.
  16. radiodead

Trusted

Agreed. If the band continues on as Sleater-Kinney its still Sleater-Kinney.

What’s worse is that some outlets will probably use this as a reason to shit on the album....even though Janet was still in the band. Give people a reason....

jordalsh likes this.
  17. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Blink 182 is still “Blink 182”, just sayin..

18. i kinda feel like it won't hurt them as much press wise but the way people have been talking about it, blaming annie and all that bullshit, will turn a lot of people off probably.

i'll listen to anything any of them are involved in tbh. this is a bummer and i'll miss janet like crazy but i still can't wait for this album and for the show.

that reminds me, anyone listen to quasi?

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

21. radiodead

Trusted

lol those are the worst takes I’ve seen yet. We’ve had literally decades and multiple records to analyze those splits. This is like 3 hours. Please.

And btw both singles are better than anything the Pixies have put out since Trompe Le Monde

22. I think you're terribly underrating Janet.

23. I don't see how your last statement means anything? Janet wrote those two singles with the band lol

24. I disagree but that's okay.

25. anyways as long as they don't replace her with Fred Armison for this tour it should still be killer.