Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sleater-Kinney - Path of Wellness (June 11, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, May 11, 2021.

1. jordalsh May 11, 2021
    (Last edited: May 11, 2021)

Tracklist:
    1. Path of Wellness
    2. High In The Grass
    3. Worry With You
    4. Method
    5. Shadow Town
    6. Favorite Neighbor
    7. Tomorrow's Grave
    8. No Knives
    9. Complex Female Characters
    10. Down The Line
    11. Bring Mercy

Jim likes this.
  2. song is good! very Wild Flag. realized I still have tickets to see them with Wilco and Nnamdi in August, hope that happens

The Center Won't Hold was a very good record and both shows I saw during that cycle were incredible

gonz (Alex) and radiodead like this.
  3. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Song is pretty good. Sounds like they're going for a hit, which is not a knock. Loved the last record so I'm looking forward to hearing this.

4. radiodead

Trusted

The hate for The Center Won’t Hold is still such a head scratcher. “The Dog/The Body” is bliss.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  5. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Solid song!

I like the center won’t hold too. Underrated album.

6. Love this song! Can’t wait! One of my all time favorite bands

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  7. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

wow is this the only 2021 album you don't already have???

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I never got into The Center Won’t Hold aside a few tracks and I’m not really liking this new track either.

Guess it’s time to spin No Cities To Love!

9. Bane

The spiciest meme

I think some of that is from Janet leaving, so some people harbor resentment

radiodead likes this.
  10. There are plenty I don’t have

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

FWIW Hurry On Home is a banger.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  12. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

The song is pretty good! Was not expecting another album so soon.

13. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Hadn’t listened to the woods in a while, man it whips ass

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The Woods still holds up quite well.

15. Jim

Trusted Supporter

It’s probably my favorite of theirs

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. ImAMetaphor

Maybe it’s just my specific Twitter circle, but I’m a little surprised at how much vitriol I’m seeing for this band after what happened with Janet / the last album. Maybe I shouldn’t be, but I am.

Crisp X likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

There was a lot of awful misogynistic probably homophobic stuff said about Annie after the last one, clearly Corin and Carrie wanted to go a different direction musically

Crisp X likes this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That’s complete trash if anyone made misogynistic/homophobic comments because they simply didn’t like The Center Won’t Hold.

I mean.. why would you even listen to this band if that’s your disgusting view(s)?

Anyways, I didn’t like the overall new direction they took (I did like a few tracks but that’s it) but they’re well within their right to do whatever the hell they want. One of my friends was into it and my other bud was with me on not liking the general record. We did agree that the production was solid though - Annie knows what she’s doing clearly. Most of the songs just weren’t there IMO.

It is a bummer that Janet left due to not having input but these things happen. Fingers crossed she returns someday before they call it quits for good?

19. Bane

The spiciest meme

yea I have some acquaintances who wrote off the album when Janet announced she was leaving, the timing of her leaving was pretty unfortunate and I think colored the record for some people. Obviously no shade on Janet for deciding to leave when she wanted to and feeling like it was time, things just happen as they happen. And of course there's plenty of reason to not like a record for taking a new direction that just isn't your cup of tea, but I do think there are fans that tied their outlook of the record to Janet leaving

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, I think that’s fair. I definitely was skeptical once Janet left but I do think I gave the record a fair shot when it released… it just wasn’t entirely for me.

I think it would have worked better as an EP with the title track, Hurry On Home, Can I Go On, Restless, The Future Is Here, and The Dog/The Body.

21. ImAMetaphor

It’s the attitude of “Janet’s still gone? Guess this record will suck, too!” that has me scratching my head a little bit. Especially because TCWH doesn’t suck.

Crisp X likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

jordalsh likes this.
  23. Craig's the best

ChaseTx likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

25. interesting song. not sure about it on first go