Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slaughter Beach, Dog - Birdie (October 27, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by travisred, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Holy Ghost was great, they were bad before that

2. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Jake's songs on Holy Ghost were my favourite, so I'm loving this atm. Listened to it by chance and it's just so easy to listen to, and a fantastic winter album. Don't really know if it'll have enough longevity or depth but at the moment this is one of my highlights of a pretty crazy music year.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i used to like some stuff on sports but it became super grating and cheesy very quickly especially on the next record. holy ghost was a move forward but never got into it much.

i have massive massive respect for the band as people however, and that's the most important aspect. glad a band with such positive forces forward became such a massive inspiration for a ton of kids

softanimal likes this.
  4. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I get why people dislike Modern Baseball, I think they have valid criticisms in the band but it’s one of those bands where all of that goes out the window to me. Even with age I still love their records, which the same can’t be said for me and other similar bands. Glad Jake has decided to branch off to this though, it’s a real step as an artist.

5. achoiceofthree

I don't care about your band.

ECV likes this.
  6. Thank you so much! The line that I always think about in that regard is the “dress from Boscovs” verse in Shapes I Know. He’s so good at pinning down these little things that give so much character to his world.

Collins and achoiceofthree like this.
  7. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Cool, even more stoked for this show now.

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Phoenix clicked with me this morning. Such a great song.

I go back to this more than I thought I would.

9. travisred

Trusted Supporter

thebloodhound, ECV, mattav152 and 2 others like this.
  10. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

this live version of 104 degrees is out of this world good

ECV and achoiceofthree like this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Is this the only full length Slaughter Beach, Dog album? I'm just digging into this and like what I'm hearing (not a big Modern Baseball guy).

12. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Welcome is also full length, but it’s a lot closer to the modern baseball sound than this is.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Thanks, I honestly never even heard of this project until I saw The Front Bottoms either post something, or like something on Instagram about the Audiotree sessions the other day and liked what I was hearing. Listening to Birdie now and really liking it.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I disagree that Welcome sounds like Modern Baseball at all, but I could see an argument that it's a little more pop-punky than Birdie. There's also the Motorcycle.jrpg EP. All worth listening to, but Birdie is definitely my favorite of the three releases.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Working from home today, so I'm spinning this. It's a perfect morning album. The album sounds like sipping on a cup of coffee. Is that a thing?

mattav152 likes this.
  16. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Yep! Feel the same way

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Just ordered this vinyl on Amazon for $13.29.

EDIT: Hoping it comes with a download card too, but it doesn't say anything about that. Often times, the digital album will be e-mailed to me, but that wasn't the case.

JaytotheGee and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

If not, hit me up. I think I still have mine and I won't use it. (Small chance I lost it though).

ncarrab likes this.
  19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah same, hmu if it doesn't have one and Matt lost his

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Supporting Tigers Jaw in the UK in the Spring, that's pretty cool. Going to the London date for sure.

5Stories likes this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

So I've been obsessed with Birdie for the past month and a half or so, and also have since enjoyed Welcome quite a bit as well. But I have not been able to get into Welcome. Sounds completely different than the other two releases.

22. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Just a reminder that the vinyl is still $13 on Amazon. Grabbed this last night.

23. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Good heads up, about to order now.

24. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Amazon vinyl came today. Got gold/green variant.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  25. The green portion is sooo pretty

musicfan9795 likes this.