Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slaughter Beach, Dog - Birdie (October 27, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by travisred, Aug 14, 2017.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

A promise ring reference is the way to my heart

Their cover of is this thing on isn't great tho

jordalsh likes this.
  2. This was very enjoyable on first listen. Carries mostly the same vibe throughout but doesn't really overstay its welcome

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I finally listened to this last night. I did really enjoy it, but it still doesn't compare to MoBo for me, though I think it could if I actually take the time to get acquainted with the songs. Excited to listen more and to see him this weekend!

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I wish this album started with less of a downer. I think he does the more upbeat stuff the best.

And yeah this is nowhere near You're Gonna Miss It All level, but it's great.

5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I liked this album a lot, excited to see them on Thursday.

6. I think it's setting in that this is Jake's best album

fame likes this.
  7. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Like it a lot. There are 3 or 4 songs that sound kinda meh to me, but there are 4 or 5 that are fuckin' wonderful too.

8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

So much better than anything MoBo did

This floored me on first listen

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. It actually kinda baffles me how much I like this when I consider how much I dislike the Modern Baseball songs I've heard

10. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Really pleasantly surprised by how good this record is. Fish Fry is one of my favourite songs of the year.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Gold and Green is my favourite one this, although Acolyte is great.

Not filling the Mobo hole in my life, but it's good.

12. Yeah, I like the last two MoBo records more than this, but this is really good. I never really understood the hate that band got, I always saw them as a relatively smart, forward-thinking pop punk band who carved out their own niche.

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is v good

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I've played this a ton since Wed. Good stuff

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

These songs are really worming their way in my ears. Finding them stuck in my head, and finding myself accidentally listening to this a lot (like I've put on just one song a couple times and ended up just going all the way through).

Enjoying it a lot more than Welcome. Very excited for the future of this (and to revisit Welcome now that I'm more into this).

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

giving this a chance

17. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

a chance? it's wonderful. huge weakerthans vibes all over this.

Gjpeace likes this.
  18. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Buttercup is one of those great "late night alone in your bedroom just laying there" type songs.

Joel and wearethedead like this.
  19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This has become my go-to album to throw on while my kids are working. More upbeat than Julien Baker and Phoebe Bridgers. Haven't heard too many complaints about it yet which is good

Gjpeace, trevorshmevor and CarpetElf like this.
  20. Touring Australia with Manchester Orchestra.

TheBaroness and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Wow that's awesome! Hopefully they get picked up for a big tour in the states like that too. I got to see them the other night and they were great! Made me love the new album even more.

ECV likes this.
  22. SPine

Trusted

Too much hate on MoBo. You all don't like fun? I really like this album. Bummed I had to miss the show in Lakewood the other night

23. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Yeah, I’ve been playing this a lot in my classes. It’s just so enjoyable.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Never understand MoBo hate. A top 10 band for me.

25. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

mobo always walked the line between being either endearing or annoyingly twee for me. this record rules though