Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slaughter Beach, Dog - Birdie (October 27, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by travisred, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

okay so this is the singer of MoBo I'm cool with... I'm enjoying the two songs on Spotify, I'll check this out when it's out for sure.

Christian Romero likes this.
  2. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Finally got back to the EP and I really enjoy that too. Jake has improved with every project and release.

3. chris

Trusted Supporter

latepassing hard on this but Acolyte is cute and good

fame and smowashere like this.
  4. travisred

Trusted Supporter

5. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

travisred likes this.
  6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I take personal offence to your Brendan comment haha.

Also this is seriously good. Reminds me a little of Courtney Barnett in points.

Micah511 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  7. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Halfway through, didn't think this would be so laid back but really enjoying it.

8. It took a while, but Welcome just started clicking with me and this record is moving much faster. If I can't have MoBo, I'm happy to have this (but also, Brendan needs to start making music too).

9. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

This album's great, but "Acolyte" blows me away.

Collins likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Gold And Green and Acolyte are amazing

smowashere likes this.
  11. wearethedead

missing out

Really enjoying this album so far. I enjoyed Welcome but couldn't stop accidentally comparing it to the Modern Baseball albums because it hard a similar sound to MoBo's first two albums. Jake has found his own sound with this one and it really works, I can see myself coming back to it a lot.

(also that high note on Gold and Green is just perfect)

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Gonna make this garden grow.
    Inch by inch and row by row.
    Row by row.

smowashere and wearethedead like this.
  13. wearethedead

missing out

Buttercup just hit me hard on my second listen, so much of this album seems to be doing that today. Damn.

14. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Buttercup really does it for me.

15. I really love this album. I get more out of the lyrics with each listen. A lot of great callbacks in here.

16. radiodead

Trusted

Love this record so much. One of my favorites of the year.

17. they were really good when I saw them open for Young Statues a while ago so I was excited to check this out. this is nice so far

smowashere likes this.
  18. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

god damnit didn't realize acolyte was the closer...makes sense but i hate the trend of bands releasing the last song on the album as preview singles

19. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Man, this is way better than I expected. I always liked, but never loved, Modern Baseball, and I only listened to the pre-release tracks from this once or twice and wasn't floored by them or anything. But on first listen this is really enjoyable, and I can see this getting a lot more spins from me in both the near and distant future.

20. chris

Trusted Supporter

wow this is great

21. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

Just listened to the album this morning and it's phenomenal. I found these guys through a stroke of luck.

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

ECV likes this.
  23. Thanks!

24. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

fish fry having the promise ring and cap'n jazz references makes me like this record more than anything mobo released