Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

SlappinCups MemoriA1 • Page 153

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dadbolt, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Sean Murphy

you had me at meat tornado Supporter

man shows are just way too expensive and most times require way too much commitment to get to to not enjoy it exactly the way you want to - i have just straight up told friends before “ill see you after im going over there” lol

GrantCloud, RyanRyan, Renee and 3 others like this.
  2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Prestigious

I just go to whatever venue the artist I want to see is playing. Doesn’t matter if it’s tiny GA or nosebleeds in an arena, I’ll be there. Only thing that stops me is money haha

3. Shakriel

Don’t fuck with me, I will cry. Prestigious

I like GA because few seats are comfortable for me or those in front of me, lol.

EASheartsVinyl and supernovagirl like this.
  4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

i don’t like rice or beans!!! I don’t make the rules

oh yah you’re a giant that makes sense

5. supernovagirl

Also this is me. I’ve always had anxiety but I think I started going to shows alone before I rly knew what it was so it’s never been a problem for me. advocating for myself especially in terms of anxiety needs, is one of the most empowering feelings

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I want your stupid love Supporter

Ok boomer

GrantCloud and Sean Murphy like this.
  7. Sean Murphy

you had me at meat tornado Supporter

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh yeah I generally have no problem going my own way when it comes to things like that. I often am alone at shows anyway so it doesn’t matter, but if I’m with people who want to show up super late that’s not going to work for me. The Thursday one was a special exception because the people were actually trustworthy to not make me miss out and they had some connections where they knew like exact set times and how packed it currently was, and that helped a lot.

I always end up right behind a couple where one is very short and one is very tall and the tall one always ends up right in front of me.

And yeah so many venues have terrible seats. There are a few old theaters in Richmond with truly heinous ones, and I can’t believe they’ve never been complained about enough to change them. One place is bad enough that my mother flat out refuses to ever go there again because they caused her so much pain the last time.

9. Shakriel

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Not liking rice or beans at all hurts so much more than just not liking burritos!! My heart!

11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m going to go to so many shows as soon as it’s safe to. Lots of artists that I would normally skip, too (like who I’m just a casual fan of)

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I want your stupid love Supporter

You're gonna go to Imagine Dragons just to feel things

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’d like to get back into going to local shows once I’m able but I also know that I absolutely have to keep my commitments to a minimum so I don’t know how that will work.

14. RyanRyan

faint metronome on my left side

I exclusively sit for gigs wherever possible. The notion of being pressed up against sweaty, loud people is not one I’d consider enjoyable. My days of pits are long behind me and I’d rather not get elbowed in the ribs or be stamped on because I queued for the front and assholes wanna push in for their gf

15. Shakriel

I'll go to a few shows, definitely when Hayley Williams actually makes it here since i did buy tix originally.

16. Shakriel

I usually stand in the back since i feel awkward being in anyone's way.

Did stand at the stage for the PVRIS concert when Sanch visited. I did not like everyone being so up against me.

RyanRyan likes this.
  17. RyanRyan

Also people who queue overnight with tents and sleeping bags...plz stop. I wanna get to a queue at a reasonable time, not arrive early only to find I’m still not gonna get front row because you dweebs have been camped there for the past 3 days. This is why booked seats are the way

Shakriel and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  18. RyanRyan

Sanch visited you ahhh how wholesome!! But yeah it makes me so uncomfortable...especially considering the amount of teenagers that go to those things. Just no thanks

19. supernovagirl

Shakriel and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  20. RyanRyan

Isn’t disliking beans against the A1 code

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I could teach you my secret standing spot that’s perfect but you have to promise not to use it against me if we’re ever at the same show.

Shakriel, RyanRyan and supernovagirl like this.
  22. Shakriel

thankfully everyone at this show near me wasn't too young.

He's actually visited twice haha, the other time back in July for Thrice, we also met up with Doggo

iCarly Rae Jepsen and RyanRyan like this.
  23. RyanRyan

GIVE ME YOUR WISDOM PLEASE :heart:

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  24. RyanRyan

Ah I remember seeing about thrice. Didn’t you all get fucked up before the show? Or am I remembering wrong

supernovagirl likes this.
  25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

GA kills me because I feel like I’m average height, but I always get stuck behind the behemoth and can’t see