Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Farmers’ A1manac • Page 149

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dadbolt, Mar 26, 2020.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

You're gonna go to Imagine Dragons just to feel things

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’d like to get back into going to local shows once I’m able but I also know that I absolutely have to keep my commitments to a minimum so I don’t know how that will work.

3. RyanRyan

I exclusively sit for gigs wherever possible. The notion of being pressed up against sweaty, loud people is not one I’d consider enjoyable. My days of pits are long behind me and I’d rather not get elbowed in the ribs or be stamped on because I queued for the front and assholes wanna push in for their gf

4. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I'll go to a few shows, definitely when Hayley Williams actually makes it here since i did buy tix originally.

5. Shakriel

I usually stand in the back since i feel awkward being in anyone's way.

Did stand at the stage for the PVRIS concert when Sanch visited. I did not like everyone being so up against me.

RyanRyan likes this.
  6. RyanRyan

Also people who queue overnight with tents and sleeping bags...plz stop. I wanna get to a queue at a reasonable time, not arrive early only to find I’m still not gonna get front row because you dweebs have been camped there for the past 3 days. This is why booked seats are the way

Shakriel and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  7. RyanRyan

Sanch visited you ahhh how wholesome!! But yeah it makes me so uncomfortable...especially considering the amount of teenagers that go to those things. Just no thanks

8. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Shakriel and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  9. RyanRyan

Isn’t disliking beans against the A1 code

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I could teach you my secret standing spot that’s perfect but you have to promise not to use it against me if we’re ever at the same show.

Shakriel, RyanRyan and supernovagirl like this.
  11. Shakriel

thankfully everyone at this show near me wasn't too young.

He's actually visited twice haha, the other time back in July for Thrice, we also met up with Doggo

iCarly Rae Jepsen and RyanRyan like this.
  12. RyanRyan

GIVE ME YOUR WISDOM PLEASE :heart:

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  13. RyanRyan

Ah I remember seeing about thrice. Didn’t you all get fucked up before the show? Or am I remembering wrong

supernovagirl likes this.
  14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

GA kills me because I feel like I’m average height, but I always get stuck behind the behemoth and can’t see

15. RyanRyan

Define average? I’d like to feel as though I’m marginally taller than you. But yeah it’s usually the fucking Eiffel Tower and their bastard gf making out in front of me. Bonus if she has mental frizzy hair that gets in your face. That’s not her fault but it’s not the vibe

Renee and GrantCloud like this.
  16. Shakriel

nah. Sanch did during the show.

17. RyanRyan

Ah. Oh Sanch. Silly sausage Sanch.

Shakriel and GrantCloud like this.
  18. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Six and a half feet

RyanRyan likes this.
  19. Shakriel

[​IMG]
    bought these at the store this week and do not regret it

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ok, so at basically any venue, whether it’s super small or massive, there is almost always a space on the barricade (or by the stage, if it’s that small) that is far enough to the side where it doesn’t get pushed from the pit or from people behind but still lets you see the whole band up close. It’s usually pretty close to the side speakers or where the barricade is about to end/switch to a smaller barricade. Not sure if you have that where you go but I’ve seen it at a lot of places. The absolute best is when you can find one where the barricade ends but the security is cool so you can plant yourself perpendicular to the stage in the slot right next to the end of the barricade.

There’s always a phenomenon at shows where people pile to the center first thing and you can just walk up to the side even if you were far back in the line. I have been to so many shows where I thought I was going to miss my space but then when I walk in it’s just perfectly there. At a tiny venue sometimes it’s actually leaning against the wall by the stage or right next to the stairs that the bands use to get on. Anything that puts an angle or a barrier between you and the mass at the center is the best.

The only time I’ve ever had to just stand at the back is if it’s a particularly boxed in small space with a super rowdy/violent crowd, but generally that up front area avoids the sweat and pushing and I love it.

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Lmao what a night that was

The Rice

22. Shakriel

haha oh right i kept everyone updated

EASheartsVinyl and Sean Murphy like this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I will never forget The Rice. I laughed SO hard. Makes me want to drink some water just thinking about it, I think I can get contact drunk from the memory.

24. RyanRyan

25. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Wtf you’re the behemoth some of us are 5’4!!!