Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slam Dunk Festival 2020 (UK) Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Iain, Sep 23, 2019.

1. abear182

Regular

Honestly right now I don't see how this can go ahead. But I am thinking the same for any music festival in 2020.

But that sucks because I have wanted to see Trio for years! :verysad:

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I'm in the same boat basically. Damn.

3. DeRRek

Trusted

Yeah. Great announcement. But, like everyone else on here, I really don’t see this going ahead.

4. simonthebutler

Regular

5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

No one is shocked

6. tomtom94

Trusted

Saw this coming as soon as Reading and Leeds cancelled earlier in the week. Still sucks though.

7. simonthebutler

Regular

Yeah, definitely for the best and good of them to announce early rather than holding on.

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

A shame, but it was expected

9. Iain

Regular

Did anyone go to this, this year?

I love the festival. Wouldn't have said it was my favourite lineup, but it was good time considering the circumstances.

Alkaline Trio obviously great. Anyone else just waiting for them to pull out? so was good to see them. Setlist missing some of my favs... crawl, Sadie, fbi.

Zebrahead were fun too and their new singer was v good. Highlight to them getting blow up unicorn and dragon jousting!

McFly were good. My girlfriend loved it! I saw a boy there maybe 14 with his mum, and gran. Mum was bouncing up and down as if she was on drugs. If that was my mum I think I would have died inside at that age.

I was surprised at the amount of children and prams at this!

DeRRek likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

As the average pop punk fan gets older, out come the prams lol

I went both days and my favourite sets were:

1. Funeral For A Friend (North)
    2. alkaline Trio (North)
    3. Creeeper (South)
    4. Frank Turner (South)
    5. Holding Absense (South)

i saw the top three both days and had a wonderful time lol

DeRRek likes this.
  11. simonthebutler

Regular

Such a great day in Leeds. I had almost forgotten how much i love live music. Tried to see ffaf butthe tent was too full so headed out to the main stage. Overall nobody dissapointed.

DeRRek likes this.
  12. tomtom94

Trusted

South was a great experience. Anti-Flag were my highlight just because it's astonishing how much energy they always have, and I'm pleased I got to see Trio and We Are The In Crowd after so many years.

DeRRek likes this.
  13. DeRRek

Trusted

I went to Slam Dunk (North) and Funeral for a Friend we’re definitely the highlight for me. Loathe we’re great too. I actually enjoyed Mcfly as the surprise guest, haha. I caught Anti Flag mid set. They were really good live, Alkaline Trio and Nofx were the last two bands I watched which I was surprised at. I’ve never been a fan of Nofx really. Saw them live at slam dunk 2019 and decided to watch them again this year. I actually feel like they’re better live than on record haha.